Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-november-2012-doll-quilt-swap-thanksgiving-im-thankful-t203738.html)

oldcatlady 11-12-2012 06:25 PM

Dotty, I dropped the quilt top in the mail box today so it should go out tomorrow. I also included some $ for batting/backing/thread. Krystyna's quilt block is also in the package. Thank you so much for doing this. :)

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5632047)
Yes, we are making a quilt for Krystyna and also collecting quilts for her community. If you do a lap top quilt, I will get it quilted. I made a beautiful quilt from Boom 6, but I can part with it. I just looked thru UFO tops and found a few I can also give. I do not like to quilt and am spoiled by sending out for pro longarm work. But I can do this and some motivation goes a long way. Please put your name on anything you contribute! TY Dotty

wanda lou 11-13-2012 12:48 AM

dotty and ladybug quilt blocks for K's quilt going in the mail today...

wanda lou 11-13-2012 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by mooretll (Post 5649704)
Thought you Ladies might want to see some pics from my Hippie party. It was a blast!!
The first pic is my Brother-in-law,Daughter and Sister-in-law.
The next pic is myself and my Husband
The third pic is The cake my Daughter-in-law made me.
The fourth pic is my little flower child Hannah my grandaughter.

omgoodness what fun... Hippy birthday...

mooretll 11-13-2012 10:03 AM

Thanks ladies for the bd wishes.
I have at least two completed quilts and maybe one top along with the square for K will try and ship tomorrow. am also working on my dq for my partner .

QuiltingKrazy 11-13-2012 11:12 AM

YEA HURRAH! I've got my DQ's done! Now to just get mailed! Sometimes that seems harder than making them!
Sneak peaks will be posted later tonight!

skaduzy 11-13-2012 01:25 PM

NanaKathy55, I mailed your DQ today. You should get it on Friday. Sure hope you like it.
I've got yours up for Thanksgiving. I kind of suspected you did the painting on it. You are
very talented! I feel lucky that I was your partner and Tom Turkey is mine!!! Thanks again, Kathy.

JauntyMelissa 11-13-2012 06:18 PM

Good evening ladies,

I just wanted to post a quick update. Krystyna and her DH moved into their apartment in Baldwin, NY. Its a cute little 1br in a garden complex, but had to go out and buy everything they would need for the apartment, seeing how everything they own got destroyed or contaminated from Sandy. Her new address is:

Christine Hirschfeld
2363 Grand Avenue Building 15, Apt B1
Baldwin, NY, 11510

everyone on the south shore of Long Island NY that i know, is still trying to pick up the pieces of what we have left. A lot of my friends lost their jobs bc of the hurricane, and I can't start my new job bc of it. BUT the important thing is that we're all alive. While Krystyna is still settling into her new place, she doesnt have internet yet and her BRAND NEW CELL PHONE crapped out on her the other day, SO she has no phone. I'm off to bed. hope everyone on the board has a wonderful, and happy Thanksgiving!!!! I know what we are thankful for here, that we still have eachother, and i know that my future mother in law is thankful for her family and friends, cyber or not!!! we thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and everything else!!!

QuiltingKrazy 11-14-2012 05:09 AM

Good News! Thanks Melissa for the update. I'm glad they have a roof over their head once again. Give her 'Quilty Hugs' from all of us!

Linny 11-14-2012 12:27 PM

Dotty-quilt square for Krystyna will be in the mail Thursday AM.....I know she will love it. Thanks for all you do.

PinkLotus 11-14-2012 01:41 PM

I am working away on quiltymom's DQ... She also sent me a PM letting me know that she mailed my DQ. I soooo can't wait to see it!! I hope to have hers in the mail by the end of this week.

Are we doing a DQ Swap for Dec.? I sure hope so. I would be fun to make a Christmas DQ!! :)