this version of the swap is closing. MadeinMaine will start a new one. please watch for the announcement.
those already participating in this old version willl be carried over to the new one.
let the fun begin and continue!
I am shamlessly stealing this idea from another website... But I thought with all the hubabaloo going on with the upcoming holidays, it may be nice to take a break, make a (relaxing!) 12.5 inch block that may be out of our normal realm of construction, and get some fun mail in return.
For each month, you will make one block for an assigned partner who will make you one in return. The exact details/rules are listed below.
Everyone is busy. This is intended to be a fun break from all the projects we are working on.
1. You will receive a swap pal name and address along with the color scheme or theme of their quilt.
2. You will have 1 month to make one blocks for that person and send it to them. The blocks must be 12 1/2" x 12 1/2". You can make them in a traditional fashion, paint them, sew things to them, embroider them, stencil them, or anything else you like. It can be plain or simple, just make sure to follow your swap pals specifications so their project can be unified.
3. Your name will be assigned to someone else who will then do the same for you.
4. At the end of the month all the names will be reassigned and at this time new members will be added or current members can have their names taken off the list.
5. To join, PM MADEINMAINE your real name, address, EMAIL, and a "theme" you would like your block to be. For instance, a "blue nine patch block," "green and brown," or "cats."
Can now be found at:
Madeinmaine is your hostess for this swap!!