Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 42 of 196 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by javin22 View Post
    Rhonda- I just wanted to let you know that Vena and I successfully swapped with each other and we both love our new stash of scraps. Thanks for hosing this. I am so excited to have new scraps to work with. Vinae
    Great thanks for letting me know!

Blog Entries
    here are some tops I started and have in progress. the first two are lap size quilts for my twin grandsons Devon and Daymon. I had done a top for my 14 yr old grandson as a baby quilt and embroidered all the family names on it for him. My DIL saw it and wanted one for each of the twins. They are regrettably still in progress LOL

The heart quilt is applique. I love love playing with hearts. It was so much fun to do this one that I couldn't part with it. I baste the edges under and then top stitch them to the background block. or I used a herringbone stitch on some blocks to cover the raw edges.

Just a few more ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
    I just found this post today. Don't know how I missed it. I love scrap quilts and save almost any size scrap and try to keep them separated by color or theme. I just saw this quilt in an Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine and think it will be my next scrap quilt. I really like yellow so I'm pretty sure the yellow will be my background color, and then just pull scraps randomly to make the half circles. Have really enjoyed reading everyone's comments. Ssnare, I'm going to have to look for that magazine. I have a LOT of 2" blocks sewn together. Maybe they would work.
    this is a really neat quilt! Love the look they get with the comb of drunkard's path and the strips

I love everybodys quilts. Of course mine all look much more scrappy than all of yours. lol

Blog Entries
    Rhonda, You are so creative. Your heart quilt is divine!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    I love all the scrappy possibilities! I can't wait to get home to get my scraps out (again, as I'm always working on something using them) and see what I want to tackle first? I love the scrappy Ohio Star block you posted Rhonda...I too have some scrappy friendship blocks...mine are 6" and I might dig them out again. Should be able to get sewing tomorrow! Happy New Years's Everyone!

Blog Entries
    Finished two scrap quilts that were my UFOs, I followed with PorkerDiva and put in a base color and it worked. Otherwise my true scrappy was going all over the place because i did just grab and sew. I like doing that but was not coming to the right size for me either.
    Name:  scrap one.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  136.9 KBName:  scrap two.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  128.0 KB
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Finished two scrap quilts that were my UFOs, I followed with PorkerDiva and put in a base color and it worked. Otherwise my true scrappy was going all over the place because i did just grab and sew. I like doing that but was not coming to the right size for me either.
    Name:  scrap one.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  136.9 KBName:  scrap two.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  128.0 KB
    Very nice QuilterMomma! I like how they turned out.

Pollyjavn9 & Foxflower I love both of your quilt idea's. Very pretty quilts.
    Rhonda, I love your Ohio Star & the heart quilt.
    There sure are a lot of idea's! Now to decide which quilt to start with.

QuilterMama, I like both quilts. PokerDiva, your suggestion was right on target. Thanks to both of you for sharing!
    Sew on piecefully ;-)

Page 42 of 196 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 92 142 ... LastLast