Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 05-14-2012, 01:00 PM

Carolyn I would do the stitch in the ditch method. That way the beautiful work that you done would be the center piece and any stitching , i personally think, would take away from the excellent work you done. That is just my idea. Good luck and thanks for sharing this wonderful work you've done!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:06 PM

Sandy, I love it and it's so beautiful. After finally picking out your pattern, It took me so long to choose but I did and I am excited to make your's after I heal from my surgery!!! And the colours I picked out are amazing I have to say!! So once I get started I will post a sneak peak for you!!!

p.s. I started making a quilt for her and the directions the person wrote down were wrong so all that fabric I cut and sewn are wasteful, well for that quilt, but maybe I can use it for something else. That is why I had to re-start over new!!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:40 PM

Quilter momma,

Thought I would give you an update on your quilt....it is about to travel to the quilter...thought that update might brighten your day! I decided to give you another hint...I have named your quilt "Fancy Feathers"
Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 AM

I am excited for sure. I am working on yours, doing the applique. I have your blocks done just adding the extras, have the backing all ready and going to have to think up an idea for quilting it though.

Whigrose, yours is coming along finally. I am on the last round of color, the black round and the blocks will be done. Last weekend got away from me. Had to go to drivers training with daughter then other daughter came into town for mother's day and ended up getting an iphone. Yes, I am spoiled to say the least. So now I can skype with her. What fun that will be. So, needless to say did not get them done, but on its way for sure.

If all goes my way, I should get both of these at least quilted up by the end of this weekend, no later than end of month. husband has an out of town meeting so will have time to spare for sure.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:41 AM

My swap partner told me mine is finished! yippee! i still need to quilt hers..i better get going so we can swap them out! exciting! Kim
Old 05-16-2012, 07:29 AM

How exciting watterstide. The anticipation is intense.

I finally finished the 16 blocks that are 18" for Whigrose's quilt this am. Now to assemble and quilt. I think I am going to add one little zinger to enclose the pattern on the outside then to decide what color binding to do. She has given me some hints so to decide how to surprise her on those hints.

Tammoo, I finally, with a friends help last night, got yours organized a bit further so now I will be on a roll. Would be great to get them both quilted this weekend. I so want to see the end results. But on tammoos, I think I have to add just one little odd thing on the border to put some spoof to the design. So it may take a bit more sewing, but think I can pull it off.

They both are turning out nice now.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:19 AM

Status Report:
The momentum is picking up! So many finished or near-so. I'm trying to keep up with all of you. Here's who I have as completed (may or may not be shipped yet); please correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure I will be!):

AT LEAST 13 (out of 58; 22%) DONE (and in some cases, shipped):
1. Catrancher's quilt for Madamekelly
2. Dltaylor's quilt for watterstide
3. jillaine's quilt for mamasani
4. jillnjo's quilt for QuilterMomma
5. ligia's quilt for garnet1265
6. marcialee's quilt for terryl
7. painiac's quilt for jigs1354
8. QuilterMomma's quilt for jillnjo (and from what i can tell, she's approaching the finish lie for whigrose and tam...moo, too!
9. quiltin'gran's quilt for carolinepaj
10. sandynorm's quilt for eagleoneowl2u2
11. shnnn's quilt for MaggiesMom
12. TwinRiversFarm's quilt for cranberry cabin
13. watterstide's quilt for dltaylor

Based on my current records, we have an overall average of 75% complete; completely missing in action are the following people:

1. fabric_fancy who had started a quilt for annaquilts
2. quiltingbee12 who had started a quilt for thomp116
3. Rainy Day who was, as of March, halfway through a quilt for tealfalcon
4. Tealfalcon, who was, also as of March, halfway through a quilt for Rainy Day!
5. valleyquiltermo, who had started a quilt for carrot
6. Vicky K, who had committed to making a quilt for lindy-2 [not to worry; this was a #2 for Lindy-2; NurseBonnie is nearing completion of a quilt for Lindy-2]

I have emails out to these.

-- Jillaine
Old 05-16-2012, 01:02 PM

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel...in other words, I have just about finished hand quilting vanogay's quilt. Just hang on a little longer my friend, and I really do hope it will be worth the wait.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:05 PM

hand quilting? wow. impressed.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 PM

You and me both jillaine.