Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 05-06-2012, 09:17 AM

YaYa, I was attempting to send you an PM about my quilt issues so you would know you are not alone but for some reason I was not allowed to type on your PM page. Just so you know...misery loves company, LOL!

Ladies, the pictured quilt and the quilt blocks are so beautiful! Lovely lovely work!!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rose L View Post
YaYa, I was attempting to send you an PM about my quilt issues so you would know you are not alone but for some reason I was not allowed to type on your PM page. Just so you know...misery loves company, LOL
Not sure why you couldn't PM me--I checked my settings and think I have them set up correctly. Try again and see if it works. It is nice to hear others have some issues at times--not that I wish other quilters had issues, I don't-but nice to hear I am in good company!!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:55 AM

i will do my best to behave fu appt tomorrow, have to get swelling down to get stitches out.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM

Yaya, I've had to take blocks out of the middle of quilt tops too. Then, other times I just leave mistakes if they aren't too obvious. It is so frustrating. I'm sure we've all been there. Hang in there!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:38 PM

Quilter momma

How did your follow up appt go? I hope you are healing quickly. I am working hard on your quilt ....

Tam...Moo
Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 PM

It went well. I have the stitches out and under some restrictions. Is healing from my overdue but should not be to long.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:48 PM

You and me both!!
jigs

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
So glad I did not make that list. (LOL)
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
It went well. I have the stitches out and under some restrictions. Is healing from my overdue but should not be to long.
My hand is still bothering me, especially when I try to do a lot with it--like pinning the leg hems and waist of a pair of sleep shorts for my grandson's 2nd birthday on Sat!

We are leaving to spend the weekend near our son's family for the weekend, and then heading to northern California to camp with friends. We'll be gone till about May 25th. I was going to take some sewing/quilting, but I don't think I'll have much time since we'll have some granbabies there for part of the time. It's a bummer I can't do any hand sewing or knitting right now since both bother my hand I had the carpal tunnel surgery on!

I've almost completed my quilt top for my swap partner. Just have 2 sides to put border on. Then I can quilt it!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:30 AM

Oh, oh, oh!! Be still my wildly beating heart.

We drove past the shop of the LA who has QuilterMomma's top and if I recall the backing correctly, QuilterMomma's quilt is ON the frame. Wahoo!!!!

I am so excited (and a bit apprehensive) to see it. It's been a process in process, for sure. I have enjoyed this swap but I was also very fortunate to be connected with someone who stays in touch.

Eight days to the wedding. Nine days to normalacy. And counting.

best,
d
Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 AM

You think life is going to be normal after their wedding? Besides, what is normal? I was working on yours Whigrose this am. I had to do some embroidery for the DQ swap and now back on your blocks. Glad I did take a break but then could not find my 1/4" foot. Was panicing, but did some prayer thru the night and the Lord revealed to me 3where it was wat. Whew, can't sew a decent seam without it. So now working on them again. It is more pleasant now. I have two more rounds to go on the blocks and then onto piecing and quilting. I will hopefully catch up to you real soon. I am behaving with the hand. A nice weekend is upon us and the garden is yelling at me to go plant it, but can't do those things with the hand. Ah, maybe the children will be apt to help since it is Mother's Day weekend. i do want to get on the longarm and do a firepit marshmellow roast on Sat pm. Doesn't that just sound good everyone? So now that I have talked your gals legs off so you can sit and sew, I better get to work and do the same.