Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 05-29-2012, 04:05 PM

I am sure those will be there. Whigrose sent me a little peak, so now to enjoy the rest of the story.......... I am so excited, anxious and doing the antsy dance to receive it.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:36 PM

Okay, I'm going through the list again; I know not everyone is watching this topic, but here's who I have as finished; let me know if I missed anyone. We've got at least SIXTEEN completed quilts; and at least another 10 more near completion. Hot diggity!

Done:
1. Catrancher for MadameKelley
2. Didi for Grandme26
3. DLTaylor for Waterstide
4. Jillaine for Gwyn/Mamasani
5. JilnJo for Quiltermomma
6. Ligia for Garnet1265
7. MarciaLee for TerryL
8. Painiacs for jigs1354
9-10. QuilterMomma for a) jillnjo and b) whigrose (with Tam...Moo coming up fast)
Quiltin'gran for carolinepaj
11. SandyNorm for EagleOneOwl2u2
12. Shnnn for MaggiesMom
13. TealFalcoln for RainyDay
14. TwinRiversFarm for cranberry cabin
15. Waterstide for DLTaylor
16. Whigrose for Quiltermomma

Near-done (are any of these done done?):
17. Annaquilts
18. Grandme26
19. IrelandDragonQuilting
20. JenGaile
21. Jigs1354
22. Lynnie25
23. MadameKelly
24. Nurse Bonnie
25. TangledThread
26. Vanogay
Old 05-29-2012, 04:58 PM

Jillaine, make that 11 near completion. All that's left to do on the one I'm making is the binding. Even the label is on. The binding should be in the mail.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:28 PM

Mine will be done by monday night !! I have the quilting marked and should not take long once I am free to sit down at the sewing machine. I know my partner is moving into her new house so do not want to put any pressure on her. I love what I have done for her and hope she likes it as well. I am almost sad to see the end of the this swap! But I am also anxious to see what she made for me.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:49 AM

Let's use the Photo area of the "Group" area to post photos; that way we can see them all together. So if you haven't posted your photo to the Group photo album yet, please do so. You'll find it here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...1-2012-g8.html
Old 05-30-2012, 04:56 AM

And folks who have received their quilts: PLEASE share a photo of you with the quilt you were given. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 AM

Oh so doing the happy dance wiggle I finished Whigrose's binding last night and made the label this am, added a little extra twist to it for fun, will get on this am and is ready to mail as soon as she says yes. I am going to photo it and put in a box so I am ready asap. So happy for sure. Then will finish up Tammoos hopefully this weekend. Have to attend the graduation this Friday for extended children so will be doing that then I may have students to teach on Thursday pm for a class so will be busy there as well. Love life when full of goodness. This swap has been such a treat for me. thank you so much ladies.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Oh so doing the happy dance wiggle ...
Okay, so who was excited this morning about shipping off a quilt? Me, me, me! I went to the PO to send out QuilterMomma's quilt to her. But did I think to pick up OUR mail while I was there? Nope. Not even. Wasn't 'til I got home that I realized I should have checked our box. Too funny.

Anyway QuilterMomma, your package is at the P O. The worker told me because it was there early it would leave on the first truck. Very likely it will make it from my coast to yours for Friday!!!

And because the LA has just shy of 30 hours into it, I stopped by to show her the finished product. It was all the starting and stopping she had to do. Then there was all the gazillion threads on the back that needed snipping. She asked if I could give away and my response was "Although it IS beautiful, in my mind and heart, it was never mine."

So Beth, I hope it is everything your mind pictures it to be. Enjoy it! It was my pleasure to do it for you.

Best,
d
Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM

I do not feel bad about the time I put into yours quilting as well. I think I got all the threads off. I try hard to clip as I go when I have a bunch of starting and stopping. I am with you on the thought of of ""Although it IS beautiful, in my mind and heart, it was never mine."" I seem to feel best when I give them away. I can enjoy them while making and the finish, but the joy and overwhelming peace in my heart when I give them to who they go to is so worth it.

So now, both of us are doing the antsy happy dance with the toe tapping at the mailbox waiting. So now you can pick up your mail on Friday or Saturday when the quilt comes. We are both so excited!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:53 AM

Ok, Tam..moo it is your turn. I changed up the applique just a bit by adding in some hand embroidered stems on the flowers. Thought would be fun. Then I decided I needed to add a bit more sashing to the quilt instead of stacking the blocks, then changed mind. So, will be piecing up some more blocks to add that extra touch I am looking for. Then onto the longarm hopefully this weekend. Forgot I have two birthdays, a graduation, and a class to teach so boo hoo, have to wait to do more quilting. I really should get that graduation quilt done by Friday, how many hours in a day again? How much sleep should one really get to keep sane?