Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 05-05-2012, 11:17 AM

Karen, Wow, It is me! Wow! How fun, thanks for the peek!!!!!!!! Angela
Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
Here is a picture of the quilt I made for Terryl. [ATTACH=CONFIG]332933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]332934[/ATTACH]
This is a beautiful quilt! Fabulous job marcialee. Terryl - wowzers, what a lucky girl.

best,
d
Old 05-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Yaya,
I love your choice of fabrics -they are so fresh and spring-like.

I would like to send you a pm, if you don't mind.

best,
d

I asked my partner, Angela (mrsaj11) ...
Old 05-05-2012, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by mrsaj11 View Post
Karen, Wow, It is me! Wow! How fun, thanks for the peek!!!!!!!! Angela
Oh Yeah!!! I'm so happy you love it, Angela!! I finished all the blocks and have sewn them altogether. Now for the borders!! Decisions, decisions of the creative process!!

Whigrose-thanks. I love how it is turning out!!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:52 PM

Great fabrics Yaya!

I am done with the quilt top. Now to get it sandwhiched and some simple machine quilting.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:27 AM

[QUOTE
=marcialee;5194997]Here is a picture of the quilt I made for Terryl. [ATTACH=CONFIG]332933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]332934[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

your layout is so awesome. i bet this layout plan with the framing of blocks would be great for orphan blocks. i may borrow it for my stack i have. nice job!!!!!

i goofed yesterday, over did on hand. down today. I did hand binding and not smart.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
Great fabrics Yaya!I am done with the quilt top. Now to get it sandwhiched and some simple machine quilting.
Thanks foxflower. I have the framing border on--then discovered something no quilter wants to see in a scrappy quilt....a big mistake! 2 same fabrics right next to each other and another same one too close in the middle of the top!!!!

SO, unfortunately I had to rip out many seams to remove the error, because it really stood out too much for my liking. Have I told you I really, really don't like ripping out, especially once a top of quilt is just about done? But I couldn't leave it. It ruined the look of the quilt.

Good news: I was able to rip out a bunch of seams fairly easily and replaces that crazy piece of fabric that somehow moved itself into the wrong place. It had to have moved itself, because when I had the blocks all laid out ready to sew, I was very careful to make sure I was sewing them together correctly!! I had marked the rows and blocks after I had stood back to look at the block placements! All is good now. Just need to cut and sew the last border on the top.

Anyone else ever have a block with a mind of its own, causing you to do that unthinkable task of ripping out in the middle of an almost completed top of a quilt?!?
Old 05-06-2012, 09:12 AM

Oh no, QuilterMomma, you better slow down or you'll never get to finish your UFO's, ever. Let yourself heal.

Take it easy, or at least easier :-)

best,
d
Old 05-06-2012, 09:16 AM

Quiltermomma: I think I've overdone on my hand too. Good thing we have other plans for this afternoon and tomorrow to give my hand a rest!!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:16 AM

Have not been checking in too often lately. I read the updates on my e-mail, but don't come here to respond. To catch up - beautiful quilts that have been displayed; agree, no death by quilting; beautiful babies that have been displayed and yes, Lynnie25, it is neat to be a grandma (I have 4 Gkids 2 of each), but let your daughter enjoy life without kids for a little while!! I'm anxiously awaiting word from you that you are finished and we can exchange our quilts. Don't want to show a picture of yours till then - and then see the picture of mine that you are posting....guess I'll have to wait another week or so!!! Sew comfortably, my friend