Hello one and all;
We are now starting on our second round of a repeat a boom. This is an opportunity for those of you who want to have the same pattern done in specific colors. I want you to have fun with this. Please send me a PM to let you know that you want to join. I wll need your board name, real name, address, email, phone number. I am the only one who will have this information. I will close the board at 13 people. I am giving the whole month of June for sign ups unless I get the 13 individuals sooner. If we get a lot more and have enough for two groups then we will have two groups. The ending date will be Oct. 1st. 2014
I am so excited as Repeat a Boom #1 was so much fun and really interesting patterns and material that participants selected.
How it works:
1) You will select a fabric or selection of fabrics from your stash (or you can buy new-up to you) and cut them in to Fat Eighths (18 x 11). You will send each member in the swap one F8 to work with. The person who receives the fabric will make you a block that you have selected from quilter’s cache with your fabric in it. (You may pick a pattern from somewhere else but need to send the pattern so everyone can make it.)
3) You may advise the person of colors you would prefer they use or not use.
4) In turn you will receive an F8 from each member in the swap and have to make them a block.
(please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps announced through the board: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES - Updated 8 December 2010 )
1) Please make sure all fabric is prewashed prior to sending out. You do not have to wash the fabric you receive.
2) When sending your fabric please make sure it is in some kind of sealed item (Ziploc baggy, saran wrap) with a piece of paper or even a peel-off label with your name, address and quilt board name so that the items are protected and won’t get mixed up. Please do this when returning blocks as well. (This way if for some human reason the PO mangles a package the plastic has a chance at saving the work and with an address visible it just might make it home)
3) Please mail your F8 within three weeks of receiving the address list. This helps ensure we all have ample time to work on everyone's blocks.
4) Please handle all fabric received with the utmost care and place it somewhere where it won’t be lost or forgotten about.
5) In order to help keep track of the blocks sent and received I will be emailing out a chart to all members who participate so that you may fill it in as we go.
6) All blocks should be 12.5” unfinished.
7). Please remember to trim your threads, cut your dog ears...in essence remove any excess work from the back of your block that the receiver should not have to worry about. We do not want to have any extra bulk in these blocks that are not needed (harder to quilt them :-) )
8) You may sign the back of the block if you wish to or perhaps pin a small muslin square with your name, where you live and what the name of the block is.
9) Please measure your block before mailing it. We all started somewhere but it is nice to be able to get all the blocks back measuring the same size so the quilt can go together nicely. So measure, measure and when you think it is right, measure once more
10) Please make a block that you yourself would be happy and proud to call your own.
11) This is a one block per swapper swap. You will have to make 12 blocks.
12) Please be courteous to our swappers and post when you receive either someone's fabric or a completed block. This helps us to know the postal gremlins are not at work lol If for some reason you cannot get on the board to post please let me know and I will let the members know. We appreciate interaction with all of our swappers. You can do a weekly update as well if that works better for you.
13) Have FUN!!! This swap will let you explore making a specific block for someone. You will gain experience making blocks that you might not have selected on your own.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND FABRICS/BLOCKS WITH PERFUME OR OVERWHELMING FRAGRANCES ON THEM DUE TO ALLERGIES. THERE MAY BE MEMBERS OR FAMILY MEMBERS WHO HAVE SEVERE ALLERGIES TO CERTAIN THINGS SO PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO NOT SEND ANYTHING THAT COULD CAUSE AN ATTACK
Also please remember when posting on the board to use members board names or just first names and not their full names. This is a courtesy to our members as the information here can be seen publicly and we do not want anyone to have that private info.
Please, NO public complaints or criticisms of other swappers, items received, or other type for any reason. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (pm) to me. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE!!!!!
Just one more friendly reminder-please make sure your packages have proper postage on them-if you are unsure either take them to the PO or throw another stamp on. We do not want anyone to have to incur any extra expense during this fun time. Also be aware postage could run high on this swap so if you think that may be an issue you may not like this swap.
Love ya all,
I am required to insist that participants send me a monthly PM to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on their promised project. I am required to insist that participants notify me as soon as they have finished their block(s) and are ready to mail it/them. Once I have received notice that both partners are done and ready to mail, I will send both a PM to let them know it’s time to mail. I am required to insist that all participants send me verification of shipment, to include tracking information. Participants are required to ensure packages will not arrive “postage due.” Any and all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by the recipient’s government are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Absent legitimate and reported mitigating circumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligation to ship by [insert date here] shall be deemed “late” and risk receiving Negative [Swap] Feedback. Please keep in touch with me as required as well as your partners. Please let me know right away if something happens that will interfere with your ability to complete your project on time