Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 09-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Banned

So sorry you missed the sign up.

The sign up was up for 20 days.
NO you are not automatically entered for the next year.

You MUST sign up each year for the SS swap.

Originally Posted by grannyshep View Post
When did the sign ups open? Now the sign ups are closed and I have collected a ton of goodies for Secret Santa.
I'm VERY disappointed!
Do you have to sign up each year or am I in because I signed up last year?
Old 09-29-2015, 12:08 PM

grannyshep, the sign-ups closed yesterday, and Terri seemed firm on that. I'm so sorry you missed it and know how disappointed you must be!
Old 09-29-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Clmay View Post
I have never joined one of the Santee's until this year. I have a few questions like what kind of things do you collect through the year to put in the gift boxes? I am really excited, but also afraid that I will disappoint the person I am giving to. I am so nervous. Help!!
Clmay, when I can score a good deal on notions or patterns, I'll pick them up to tuck in exchange packages. I also do a little yard and rummage sale-ing and come across like-new things for next to nothing. It all goes into my collection basket for SS. When I find out what my Santee likes, I buy my fat quarters in her favorite colors. The $20 gift is outside of the FQs, so if she's asked for something special, I'll try to find it, then fill in with goodies from my basket. I do try to stick to the $20 limit, since that's the rule -- but I can make $20 go a long way. I'll also tuck in some candy, coffee, tea or what have you along with something I make just for my Santee. It's so much fun to put a nice package together and see how full you can stuff it!
Old 09-29-2015, 12:15 PM

Oh, and the rule is, if it's from your stash, it doesn't count toward the $20 -- and most of us have something in our stash we know we'll never use but someone else will.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:19 PM

I'm really excited about joining in this year for the first time although I've been in many other swaps. I have a whole drawer full of things I've collected and also a stash of things I've made. I can't wait to get my name and really make it personal for that person.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:07 PM

Hello, I am new to this board, just wanted to know if this is the only Secret Santa swap offered or are there others for the year. Have fun everyone!
Old 09-29-2015, 03:07 PM

Woohoo! Ok, who is digging the naughty pit this year? Maybe we can plan an escape route early, LOLOLOL!
Old 09-29-2015, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Judylee2 View Post
Woohoo! Ok, who is digging the naughty pit this year? Maybe we can plan an escape route early, LOLOLOL!
Well, since I've not seen Dreamer or Neesie lurking around, I guess we'll have to start the pit. Let's see....Judy lives in the country, maybe near her sewing area so maybe she'll join us this year?

Got your broomstick serviced for the season?? Mine's raring to go!

We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:00 PM

The hole is ready & stocked with all kinds of goodies, come on down & please bring a reliable drop ladder, er ugh, I seem to be stuck.
hugs,
j
Old 09-30-2015, 04:46 AM

I signed up and hope this inspires me to get back into the groove and do something for myself. DS is getting settled in his supported housing. I plan to make a space downstairs for my sewing so I remember to get my 10 minutes in. DGDs are big enough to enjoy Christmas this year so lots of decorating ideas in my head for the house already. Can't wait to be a part of this group fun.