Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign up for December 2012 Doll Quilt Swap -

Blog Entries
    Dabbler, you will enjoy these swaps! And your partner, Lynnie does awesome work! Now I have to ask what...
    lefse is???
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Lefse is a scandanavian - it's flat like a tortilla - it's made with potatoes, real butter, heavy whipping cream, pinch of salt and flour. It's rolled paper thin on a special board with a special lefse rolling pin; it's picked up with a turning stick and gently placed on a hot lefse griddle; once it starts to bubble and turn a little brown you use your turning stick to flip it and when it's done it's stacked/layered between old table cloths/sheets/cotton dish towels to cool down. Once it's cooled you put butter on it, sprinkle with sugar or brown sugar and roll up and eat. Some like to eat with Lutifisk - it's very popular in our area as many of our scandanavian ansestors settled in this area. The lutheran churches around this area have Lutifisk suppers. If you google it you will probably get a better description. They sell it for $15-18 per dozen. I make it and donate it - if I sold it - it would seem to much like work and no longer fun to make. It's very tedious and time consuming to make.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

oh heck no to flinging potato cakes in the air with tweezers! LOL My mom made stuffed crepes almost the same way but we would at times just squeeze lemon juice a tad of melted butter and power sugar and your right delicious. I would gladly pay for that memory again.. do you travel and flip crepes?

I am so happy I have a wondeful partner AGAIN. My first partner and I have had a few very nice emails and now psychomomaquilter is also being sweet and chattering back and forth. Its wonderful getting to know a bit about the person your quilting for. The personalized part is truly a joy. I am thinking black on black what say you partner? oh not holiday spirit enough but what if its like the coal from a snowmans belly button? or.. well that is as good as that thought gets so it will have to be a tad more traditional. You will love it even if right?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Linda, you ARE a brat. Such a tease!! I love reading your banter! I am so looking forward to this month. I just love Christmas. I have myself so backed up right now that I am not able to start til this weekend, and that is if I get off my butt after work the next couple of days and get to work. I hate that I have to come in to work 5 days a week. I'd much rather be home sewing. Oh, well. Such is life. Sew when I can.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Elisabrat;5697190]oh heck no to flinging potato cakes in the air with tweezers! LOL My mom made stuffed crepes almost the same way but we would at times just squeeze lemon juice a tad of melted butter and power sugar and your right delicious. I would gladly pay for that memory again.. do you travel and flip crepes?

Sorry no - want me to fling one your way - they're flat enough if I flung it real hard it might make it by Christmas!!! I can just see the news headlines between here and there - UFO coming in for a landing in the coastal mountains of California - there are a lot of unfortunates out there that have no idea of what lefse. Thanks for letting me be a goof
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Sent a pm to my partner ljdugas31. So excited.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
    Lefse is a scandanavian - it's flat like a tortilla - it's made with potatoes, real butter, heavy whipping cream, pinch of salt and flour. It's rolled paper thin on a special board with a special lefse rolling pin; it's picked up with a turning stick and gently placed on a hot lefse griddle; once it starts to bubble and turn a little brown you use your turning stick to flip it and when it's done it's stacked/layered between old table cloths/sheets/cotton dish towels to cool down. Once it's cooled you put butter on it, sprinkle with sugar or brown sugar and roll up and eat. Some like to eat with Lutifisk - it's very popular in our area as many of our scandanavian ansestors settled in this area. The lutheran churches around this area have Lutifisk suppers. If you google it you will probably get a better description. They sell it for $15-18 per dozen. I make it and donate it - if I sold it - it would seem to much like work and no longer fun to make. It's very tedious and time consuming to make.
    Thank goodness I have an aversion to my kitchen.. that sounds like way too much time but they do sound nice enough to eat when done. But peeling all those potatoes... heck, I could sew a dolls quilt in the same time as it takes me to peel that many spuds !
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Tam...Moo.... here's your sneak peek.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    LOVE IT BRANDY! Tam...moo looks like its gonna be a Winter Blues theme! Makes me feel all snowy just looking at it!
    To bad our weather isn't!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Hoping my SS won't know it is me sending them their SS package
    Blog Entries
    Our weather here in CO hasn't been to cold either much less snowy LOL.

We have been having much warmer than normal temperatures recently.

See that you live in Statesville; I lived in Catawba County until August 1998
    when I loaded up the car and booked it out of there with my oldest daughter.

I sometimes miss it out there, but I DON'T miss the lower wages.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    LOVE IT BRANDY! Tam...moo looks like its gonna be a Winter Blues theme! Makes me feel all snowy just looking at it!
    To bad our weather isn't!

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast