Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Man, this is one big PITA month for people going MIA! Sending you a PM now. Let's hope SHE answers!!!
    Actually, it's probably a senior moment - forgot she signed up.

Quilt Rec'd from LJDugas31

After a long weekend of camping, we stopped at the mailbox and I had a padded package waiting for me from LJDugas31. Couldn't wait to get into the house and rip it open and here is what was in there. A lovely star DQ of course made with flower fabric. Lots of poppies, mums and roses. Don't think you can see it but the star is bordered in lace and the center of the star has a button heart.

Thanks so much Linda for the great DQ. Yours is done and will be in the mail sometime this week

Name:  P6040295.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  145.6 KB
    Mary

Blog Entries

Cool A little note from your hostess

A couple of reminders to keep everyone happy and content ~

If you are going away for more than a day or two, please PM your partner to let her know. If your partner has been nice enough to send you a quilt, she'd like to know you received it without wondering if you are (a) off on a cruise
    , (b) have been whisked away by a tornado or (c) are very ill because your body has been taken over by an alien.

If life has intruded and you've been unable to get your quilt out on time, please let your partner know.
    If you have and you're still stuck ... let her know again. And, if necessary, again after that. You might be really embarrassed but silence is not an option if you don't want to hurt your partner's feelings. So put on your big girl panties and 'fess up. Life happens. We all get that. Just communicate. Please.

Now as for the monthly theme ... It is always OPTIONAL . If we are doing something really specific and you just don't feel up to the challenge, please communicate as much to your partner. It's OK. We all have different comfort zones. Just let her know so she is not surprised that you decided not to do the theme. It's OK as long as you communicate.

While it is nice -- repeat NICE -- not REQUIRED -- to ask your partner if she has any color preferences, it is -- one more time -- nice, but not required that she accommodate you. She actually doesn't have to ask and she is certainly not a member of your interior decorating team. It is always sender's choice. So ... please do not specify a certain line of fabrics or a color palette you want her to use.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your creativity and enthusiasm!!! Carry on! Over and out.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Krystyna, did you get everyone a partner or do you still need someone to volunteer for an additional partner. I can take another one if you still need one.

[QUOTE=Krystyna;5265693][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008080]
    If you are going away for more than a day or two, please PM your partner to let her know you are (a) off on a cruise - rwquilts, I am going to our fishing shack for our long weekend - not sure the lake is big enough to 'cruise' on though
    So put on your big girl panties - I always have my big girl panties on QUOTE]
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Lynnie25;5266235]
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008080]
    If you are going away for more than a day or two, please PM your partner to let her know you are (a) off on a cruise - rwquilts, I am going to our fishing shack for our long weekend - not sure the lake is big enough to 'cruise' on though
    So put on your big girl panties - I always have my big girl panties on QUOTE]
    Waaaahhhh! LOL! I bet you I could match your big girl panties and raise you one? Have fun girlfriend! Hmmm...perhaps Krystyna meant that figuratively??? (oh hi Krystyna...how's it going? )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starshine View Post
    Krystyna, did you get everyone a partner or do you still need someone to volunteer for an additional partner. I can take another one if you still need one.
    I *think* we're OK. I assigned the late comer to someone whose partner never responded (ocean cruise? Typhoon? Alien Abduction?) But thank you so very much for the offer ... I'll keep it in mind just in case the new match up goes awry!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=rwquilts;5266431]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post

Waaaahhhh! LOL! I bet you I could match your big girl panties and raise you one? Have fun girlfriend! Hmmm...perhaps Krystyna meant that figuratively??? (oh hi Krystyna...how's it going? )

You wear double big girl panties? Never mind. TMI (Too much information)
    Krystyna

I bet I can double all of you. That's what I like about this site. Everyone is always looking for a good laugh. lol
    Mary

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Here are the awesomeness (yea I said it! LOL) two quilts that ljdugas31 sent to me. I was wanting a Halloween one, and she sent me it! Check out the adorable little hummingbird in the basket of beautiful purple flowers, I believe they are orchids, but close to irises!! Name:  June swap halloween.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  270.7 KBName:  june swap bird basket.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  224.5 KBThey are hanging up in my office!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 65 ... LastLast