Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st

Blog Entries
    Teresa really nice summer sun! Love the sky background!

On the August theme ... it's optional! And I would think tone on tone counts. How's this for an idea ... when I post the sign up I'm going to ask those who do not want to do a solids only to say as much and I will pair you with someone with similar tastes. OK? OK!

On paper piecing ... I love, love, love it. There are so many free paper piecing patterns online that you can try using regular old printing paper. Here are a couple of links:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...s-t179270.html
    and
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...s-t179271.html

I was already to start my June quilt and then ... uh oh ... another idea. I was watching an episode of Fons and Porter on fabric weaving ... so back to the drawing board.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    this month was really fun! i'm glad i stretched my fingers and tried something new! and the good news is dh won't find any sign of the dyeing in the kitchen. wasn't as messy as i had feared! yay!!
    i bit the bullet and bought some rwb. it's for another swap, but there will be plenty left to do july! then on to solids. i love the themes, it gives me a focus. otherwise it gets too crowded in my brain with ideas and 'what ifs'. maybe i'll crack open youtube and try pp.( i could tell because the points were so precise and the parts of the block weren't normal configurations ( as in piecing with squares would be). it's on my list of stuff to learn! such a long, long list! it's so fun to see what others do and realise i can get there, one step at a time. thanks for pushing my limits!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    My partner got her quilt so I am going to post a pic of the one I did for her. It's called, "Summer's Sun."
    Attachment 342632
    Love this doll quilt!
    Sew many Quilts.......so little time!

Blog Entries
    Skaduzy, moonrise, Beautiful!! Bright!! and Cheerful! Quilt!
    Last edited by Judith1005; 06-17-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Feast is rightt!! What a beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by 978gray View Post
    Yesterday I received my wonderful little quilt from Happy Cat Quilter. It is so cute. I love the design and the fabric.

Feast your eyes on this beauty:

Blog Entries
    Ms Cupid, Very pretty. Great minds think alike. I paper pieced this month too. I like your bright sun!! Beautiful points.

My partner is Birdlady. She received her DQ yesterday and her computer is in the shop. So, I'm going to post a picture for her for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

that is so cute Judith!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
    Don't we all?
    Lara, are you referring to PPing... I sure don't and don't really like doing it.. Now I love to hand applique where most of you machine applique...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Rosemary, I'm not "excited" about PP either, but it's ez and convenient for BOM and DQ's. I would NEVER do a whole quilt via PPing!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Birdlady.....Love your kite quilt and the colors are awesome .
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

Lookie what I received in the post today, my gorgeous little quilt from Ronda (rwquilts) and I just love it - so much detail and the crazy little blocks in the border - wow they are so small. I also got a lovely needlecase, a pretty piece of blue batik fabric and a nice card. I am feeling pretty special right now Thank you for being such a lovely June swap partner

Ronda, I posted your DQ to you right after I got yours so it's on its way and hopefully should be to you late next week (or sooner).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

All of the quilts coming in for June are so beautiful and sunny and cheery and I am putting up one just like them I got from Needlegrammy, Barbara. It is a sunny beautiful DQ and needle case and I love them both. Thanks so much Needlegrammy!Name:  IMG_1427.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  701.9 KBName:  IMG_1425.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  758.0 KB
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Lynnie, gorgeous quilt, I LOVE it!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    Rosemary, I'm not "excited" about PP either, but it's ez and convenient for BOM and DQ's. I would NEVER do a whole quilt via PPing!
    Teresa I am left handed and seems evre time I try to PP I do it backwards so I gave up on it...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Rosemary, my brother's left handed too, so I kinda know what you're going thru. My parents once bought him a guitar for Christmas but forgot he was left handed so they didn't get it restrung so he never got to play it.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Oh, my, such wonderful eye candy!! These quilts are beautiful this month. I got Abonda's DQ done over the weekend, but will have to mail it tomorrow. MIL had back surgery 2 wks ago and I have been staying with her overnight, just in case she needs me, she is nervous about being alone, and I don't blame her! Anyway, we got up this morning and she had no power in the kitchen. Then my son called and needed daddy to come look at his truck. Well, I needed to get to work and we are down to one vehicle, so I jumped on my scooter. I didn't have room to bring all the stuff I planned on mailing today, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. I have had soooooo much fun with the swaps! This one is really great for me, I am trying new stuff and loving it. Oh, Abonda, I took your quilt up to show the MIL and she loved it. I left it hanging on her sofa to look at for a while. I made it clear that it would eventually go home with me, but since I am rarely home lately, she might as well enjoy it for a while. She like the one I made, too. That is always nice. Can't wait to see if you like it. Soon.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

The house quilt is adorable and the tumbler is really nice! Love them!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Judith, I just love your little quilt! Lucky Birdlady. It's so cheerful.

Ronda, what can I say? You absolutely knock the ball out of the park every single time. What a fabulous quilt!

Barbara, love the tumblers. Such a fresh and homey look. Love it.

I have to get to work on mine. Still sitting and pondering. At this rate I'm going to ponder myself clear into July!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I am so impressed! You all really raise the bar!
    Judith you picked perfect fabrics and i love how you turned this block into a kite quilt!
    Ronda - those are lucky little birds living in a crazy log cabin bird house!
    Barbara - how perfect to use those fabrics in a tumbler quilt! It looks like they were made for it!

Onalee you have been having a crazily packed couple of weeks - it's amazing that you got your quilt finished! Hope your MIL recovers well and fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    Lara, are you referring to PPing... I sure don't and don't really like doing it.. Now I love to hand applique where most of you machine applique...
    I am a handsewing chicken, especially so when it comes to applique. Just tried my first machine applique though. I admire anyone who hand sews and can do so neatly.
    But no.... I wasn't referring to Paper Piecing... I was exercising my juvenile sense of humor. (Don't they have a more embarrassed looking smiley face than this?)

what a wonderful daughter-in-law you are!! Give my best to her.... I can just picture you on a scooter! What fun! lol Don't worry about the small stuff. Mail it when you can.........I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since you made it for me..... I'll LOVE it even more..... Thanks so much for the wonderful parnership this time around. I can hardly wait to see it too!!!! OX Abonda
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    bEAUTIFUL quilts, ladies. I better get busy -- top is done, jsut need to put it together. Here I thought I was ahead.

Blog Entries
    i like to use that smiley face for just plain happy. i love that the cheeks have a blush. guess i've been sending the wrong message!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Lynnie, Rhonda, I love your quilt. It's so bright and happy. And the little "crazy" pieced birdhouse if so darlin. Don't cha just love crazy and wonky!

Sewbeadit, needlegrammy, I love your tumbler quilt also. I love the vintage"y" fabrics you used. Did you hand piece your tumblers? The are sooo teeny and darlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Carron View Post
    n2 you did a wonderful job on the quilt. Very generous of you to donate it to AAQI. Way to go!
    Thank you, Carron!! Yep, finally got a # ~ it's 10,805 and hope it sells! lol. Heavy competition! Probably in Sept. it'll be listed for sale as they are pretty far behind right now.

Great job, Mscupid! Love the summer sun and excellent PP! WTG!!

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast