Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed >

Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed

Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed

Old 09-18-2011, 10:07 AM

[quote=Havplenty]really nice colorful blocks evie. so your psq will be "color blocked"?. were your planning on having one color themed block per row and possibly have the color-blocks in a bargello fashion? were you planning a sashing between blocks? just curious.

Thanks, Havplenty. I am doing them in color blocks, but at the moment I don't have a plan! :) I'll do that once I think I have enough blocks, although I haven't even decided on the size! As you can see, I have lots of duplicates and even triplicates. Definitely did not plan on doing this as a "charm" quilt. I'm certainly enjoying the process!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally, I had planned to open each package and just sew them the way they were in the package into strips of 25 then join the 20 rows to make each SWAP BLOCK. I don't have a problem if there are duplicates ( It can turn into an " I Spy" of sorts - can you find any duplicate fabrics?). But, I too, am sort of a control freak and when I saw the color blocks Evie did, that idea is appealing also......now more to think about.....I also thought about doing the squares on point and using my side swaps for the squares in between to fill out for the square but that would mean doing strips of 20 not 25 so the block would be square.....more food for thought......

Originally Posted by Havplenty
Originally Posted by pattis47
...I design my pattern and start to sew it in sections. If we do the neutral swap I think I will use them to do the "sashing" between the "blocks" from each swap. Now to draw out the plan and see if it will work! Back to the drawing board.
Anyone else have a plan that is willing to share their idea on what to do with these little lovelies?

patti i had already come to the conclusion to start sewing on my squares now. i was looking through my fabs and found a charm pack of neutrals.. who knew plus i ordered a moda charm of vanilla colored neutrals. the squares i had received so far had few of neutrals in them.

with 10,000 squares, were you planning on no repeats? i wonder what your "planned" scrappy ps quilt will look like. never thought of using neutrals for sashing. i have plenty of white muslin to do sashing with.

i was also settling my mind that i could have repeats. my quilt, my rules. i will be ordering some hawaiian prints from ebay for my quilt also. maybe i will have some to trade in the next swap. also with the side swaps, i ending up trading with 14 people, some of whom never participate in the stamp swaps so that has given me some different fabs.

as soon as i finish sorting stamp squares, i will work my psq into my regular routine. i have so many other family/friends quilts to complete first. so will sew squares in between probably as leaders/enders or upon taking breaks.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:48 AM

evie this pic is kinda what i was referring to on the color block theme.

[quote=Evie]
really nice colorful blocks evie. so your psq will be "color blocked"?. were your planning on having one color themed block per row and possibly have the color-blocks in a bargello fashion? were you planning a sashing between blocks? just curious.

Thanks, Havplenty. I am doing them in color blocks, but at the moment I don't have a plan! :) I'll do that once I think I have enough blocks, although I haven't even decided on the size! As you can see, I have lots of duplicates and even triplicates. Definitely did not plan on doing this as a "charm" quilt. I'm certainly enjoying the process!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258662.jpe  
Old 09-18-2011, 11:00 AM

okay so there is as much variation in the postage stamp quilts are there are quilters who are making them. i will definately be making more than one now.

circa 1888
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258720[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258663.jpe   attachment-258664.jpe   attachment-258665.jpe   attachment-258667.jpe  
Old 09-18-2011, 12:23 PM

Love your blocks Evie!

At the momemt, my plan is to go scrappy with muslin sashing and put all international squares in their own block(s). I really, really, love the color blocks, but I'm afraid it would take me too long to collect stamps of certain colors.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:41 PM

what international squares?

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Love your blocks Evie!

At the momemt, my plan is to go scrappy with muslin sashing and put all international squares in their own block(s). I really, really, love the color blocks, but I'm afraid it would take me too long to collect stamps of certain colors.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:52 PM

I swapped fabric with Canada, Australia & I believe I have Germany. HaHa, you thought they were from this swap. :XD:

what international squares?

Love your blocks Evie!

Old 09-18-2011, 07:27 PM

ooh. i woulda loved to have done that also. maybe next time.

I swapped fabric with Canada, Australia & I believe I have Germany. HaHa, you thought they were from this swap.
:XD:

[quote=Havplenty]what international squares?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:13 AM

Oh I have been sending white on whites and tans,as I have been cutting as I finsh projects. I hope that is ok???
Old 09-19-2011, 08:16 AM

Oh how is the third one layed out the Irish chain in White and lavender?