Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed

Blog Entries
    I have received Marcialee's blocks and Jannie's blocks. Thank you ladies!

ok my frustration level peaked and I am not going to do this swap. I cut everything out like the video showed me and so I was already to go and realized that I cut the material on the wrong side of the print so it just doesn't go. So I am throwing in the towel. I gave it a good try and it is too frustrating for me. So I will not be doing this. Sorry all of you.

Barb
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Barb can you trace on the back the pattern and sew it that way? I know exactly what you mean. Been there done that.
    Anna Quilts

No I tried that , I will eventually keep trying this but I won't be able to get it done for this swap.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

So sorrry to hear. I was really looking forward to having you swapping with us. Don't give up on paper piecing. Maybe lay it all aside in a ziplock bag and come back to it when you feel ready. I am still learning too and over time have gained a better feeling for what patterns I can do. I am just getting comfortable with doing patterns that have multiple sections that need to be sewn together after being paper pieced. also I do better with patterns in the 3 1/2 to 6 1/2 range, too big or too small always gets me. Also I always make one first, or try, and then decide if I want to make more. Sometimes the most basic ones get tossed out by me because they are plain frustrating and I keep making the same mistake.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Urgodschild2, many years ago I started paper piecing and got so frustrated and just couldn't seem to figure it out and was wasting fabric galore! I put all my patterns away and said I'd never do it again! LOL! A few years later, I decided to give it a go and something just clicked and it's now one of my favorite methods of stitching blocks together...relax and give it a rest and come back to it at another time and see if something similar might happen for you? Thanks a bunch for giving it a great try!

Just a couple of days for people to sign up...I think we've got our crowd, but you never know who might just jump in at the last...

Blog Entries
    Today is the last day to sign up for this swap. Here are the players and status of blocks. Blocks are due to be in my hands by March 18. Yahoo! We're getting there! Can't wait to get them all!

Krystyna...blocks rec'd
    lovngrandma...
    Jannie...blocks rec'd
    Annaquilts...blocks rec'd
    Marcialee...blocks rec'd
    Almond
    Mizmelly
    Bbermerald
    Gaijin
    Petthefabric
    SheriR
    Frae
    Plainpat
    Short an Sweet
    And Me...blocks rec'd

Sorry, but I am not going to be able to get blocks done for the swap. Too much vacation time this winter. This retirement is just keeping tooooo busy.
    Mary

Thanks for the reminder Ronda, I'll get mine finished up this weekend and in the mail next week. Looks like I'll be sending in 6 sets to swap, but no "twist", I'm running out of quality quilting time!!
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    No problem MizMelly! The twist is just a fun little extra...happy stitching!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast