Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 12-28-2014, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

I'm almost done making mine, it's kind of traditional. I hope whomever I get likes it. I like it lots.
I'm ready to ship as soon as I get my name. wouldn't it be nice if everyone who signed up this swap
sent and re'cd. it would make for a happy swap and a happy Brat.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:50 AM

I'm working on mine now. I should have it finished by the time we get our names.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

just need one more thing and it's done. Even have my goodies ready too.
I've got a good jump on the new year.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:09 PM

I'm already finished with mine too Lynnie. Can you tell I have no life???
Old 12-28-2014, 02:34 PM

I had such a good time with the last one..I'm in! Love all the pictures and chatter!
Old 12-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

Karen, they get addictive, they are so cute, and in no time, you have a mini quilt,
and it's usable too, which makes it even more fun. I don't have camera, but those that
do, will you show us tease of what you're working on???
Old 12-28-2014, 03:59 PM

I haven't started mine yet. I ordered some cute fabric and I want to also get an idea of what my partner likes/wants first too. I am also desperately trying to finish a quilt on the longarm right now and I'd feel great to get that cleared off my plate.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:58 PM

Since it is a valentine swap, I love Hello Kitty. I would really like a Hello Kitty mug rug, but will be happy with anything I receive. I have 2 full size Hello Kitty sewing machines and many collectables.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:45 AM

wish I had some hello kitty fabric. thinking that is a limited item? she is a cute little kitty however. wonder if you could applique a hello kitty on a piece of fabric. now that is an idea....

I have some great sign ups all ready. according to my folder there are 46 sign ups in there but some are double sending notes to me which I will read before I assign you a partner. I am a sucker for this Valentines stuff I also can put it out all year no qualms whatsoever. my favorite thing about valentines day is the sparkle. you now fabric with a bit of gilt to it? cards with glitter. oh yeah I am a HUGE kid at heart for this holiday love to get Valentines. Its a holiday I do make gifts for. The kids and my hubby always get something. He is easy.. food gifts like cookies are number one for him. Sweets are his best friend. just ask him! and my kids get something quilted usually a table mat or a wall hanging or mug rugs. easy to make and well they enjoy it. pot holders are always a hit too. Me? I love anything that looks vintage. like the old cards we used to get. Remember the olden days anyone? so cute so adorable. I was horrified when I took mine shopping and it was all about star wars or just ugly cards and worse yet there were usually only about a dozen boxes to chose from. that was so wrong! where did those adorable cards with kittens and glitter go? omg! lol. I can only imagine what their kids will get to chose from. yikes. I love to buy vintage valentines and also vintage Christmas cards. They are so cute and also so ME.

still a couple days for sign ups so hopefully anyone who hasn't signed up and sent me a PM with your name, address and phone number plus what your favorite things are.. well you wont make the swap! so send away right now!!!
Old 12-29-2014, 09:42 AM

This will be so fun! I am busy working on mine right now! If my partner likes something different there is still plenty of time to make something else! lol