Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Expedit Cutting/Craft Table

Expedit Cutting/Craft Table

I guess it's time for me to stop saying I sew in our family room and start saying that my sewing room also has a tv and loveseat... After much dreaming, I finally bought Expedit book cases from Ikea, added legs and a custom countertop and now have both a lot of storage and a great work space for cutting/crafting. No more aching back!

Wanted laminate counter for durability for various crafts. We could have made one from wood and a sheet of laminate, but would have had to wait several months for it to be warm enough to glue laminate to the wood. Top measures 36" x 76"; there are a total of 16 cubbies that are 13" h x 13" w x 15" deep.

The Snapware that is pulled out is meant for Christmas ornaments; I bought the first one after Christmas years ago and found it fits fat quarters and strips perfectly. Without the top on, they fit in the cubbie as if made for it!
    Attached Images Attached Images            

Looks great. I just got one of their cube shelf units to hold fabric in the closet of my sewing room.
    Lori - MamaBear

That is really awesome!!!

You are soooo smart to do this! Lucky for me I bought a cutting/craft table at Walmart ON SALE about 5 years ago. The economy was so bad that the manager actually bargained with me! That was a shock...got it for $150, assembled! Squeezed it into my Pontiac Vibe and brought it home with me. It's now a fixture in my foyer. It doesn't have much storage, but folds up very nicely so that it fits in a corner when we have company. (And that forces me to clean up!)

Now I look at craft and cutting tables and KNOW I would never pay the $$$ that is asked. I would do what you did, or something very similar. Great for you!

WOW! J'en bave de jalousie!!! I think in english this expression is drooling with jealousy (not sure!). No one beats IKEA for great ideas!! Bravo to you!!

Wow! What a classy setup,reminds me of the sewing space on Sew Many Ways. Great tip on the snap ware. I'm planning on getting a tall Expediet shelf someday.

WOW!!! I love it What a great use of space.
    Happiness is a form of travel...not a destination.

Really cool looking. Love have neat and organized everything looks! Enjoy!
    Country1
    Country 1

Very nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
    You are soooo smart to do this! Lucky for me I bought a cutting/craft table at Walmart ON SALE about 5 years ago. The economy was so bad that the manager actually bargained with me! That was a shock...got it for $150, assembled! Squeezed it into my Pontiac Vibe and brought it home with me. It's now a fixture in my foyer. It doesn't have much storage, but folds up very nicely so that it fits in a corner when we have company. (And that forces me to clean up!)

Now I look at craft and cutting tables and KNOW I would never pay the $$$ that is asked. I would do what you did, or something very similar. Great for you!
    Hello Cathy. can you tell me if this is the sewing /craft table you have from Walmart in the following link? and if it is , how do you like it? Thanks, Copycat

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sullivans-...Specifications

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast