Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Flooring for sewing room

We just put laminate flooring in the sewing/office room. Love it, easy to clean, dust mop, and I have rubber wheels on my sewing chair no problems. Had a carpet before, wish I had done this a long time ago.
    Believe, it can be done!

I have laminate floors and love them because the chair is easy to slide on and it is so easy to clean with all the threads and all.

I have carpet but only use the long pins with yellow plastic heads. No problems seeing them, and they stick up out of the carpet. I've used it for 7-8 years now and it doesn't show wear from wheeled chairs....and this was cheap carpet! Just basic inexpensive low pile from Home Depot. I am not a shoes wearer in the house so it's warm and soft on my tootsies too.
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!

I have hardwood floors in most of the house. I use wooden stools and have felt pads under everything. I bought two or three office type chairs and never found one that was comfortable to me.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Laminate flooring, love it!....
    Country 1

I agree with loving the laminate flooring. So easy to sweep up!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    You might also check into bamboo or cork. Both wear great, easy to care for & last a long long time. But, laminate is cheaper & is easy to care for. We had it in our last house & we loved it. Just don't get to light a color Or to dark. Happy floor hunting.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

My daughter in law said to me that Pergo floors aren't spose to mar. don't know if thats for sure but bet someone on the QB will.
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

bbharr1994 I am also going to turn my 2 car garage in to my quilting / craft room, do you have and information on how to do this I know to start I need to empty out the garage (it stores all my stuff right now) SSome people have mentioned about the cold and hot of the garage (mine is fully insulated except the 2 grage doors). I was thinking of putting up temporary wall in front of the garage doors. Can not fiqure out how to cover up the garage door opening mec that is on the celing so the oils do not drip on my quilting stuff. Can you and or anyone else that has ideas HELP I really want to get my room set up I am tired of having to always put my quilting away when I have guest or grandchildren come over. thank you yippie

I have hardwood and I haven't had a problem. The wood was installed and then there were several coats of poly put down. I haven't had a problem

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast