Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: How Do You Store Your Thread?

I have a small parts cabinet with 60 clear drawers each drawer can hold up to 4 spools of thread. Hanging on the sewing room wall. Got it from a patient I cared for whose wife had died. I got her thread and bias tape too. It is great most spools some are too large. I put the big ones in the front and those drawers don't quite close.

I use two of the June Taylor racks with my colored thread for applique. I got a great deal on one of them...free. It was sitting on the curb next door after a garage sale. She was just going to throw it away. The cone thread is in a drawer under my cutting table. I am thinking I need to find a cover for my thread?

I have the most awesome thread box that fits the thread and then I can stack a couple of the bobbins on top. Company went out of business almost immediately after I decided I was in love, so I only have the one. I have several tackle box type containers I store the rest in. Like the super satchels, but the fishing section is cheaper.

I picked up the ":Craftainers" by Rubbermaid - I think at hobby lobby or Joans. Mine hold 25 spools each and have handles, maybe like the ones you have. I can stack more than 25 spools in there though. I have a broken latch on one so I need to replace it, but they work great for me. I have 4 cases. One lights, one darks, one brights and one pastels. I have similar but shallower ones for my embroidery thread.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6