Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of fabric organization

Holy Cow! The next time my daughter complains about how big my stash is, I'll have to show her these pictures. I'm pretty sure she's got more money invested in storage containers than I do in fabric. I LOVE her organization though. Wow!

I really enjoyed reading her blog and looking at that beautiful applique quilt she is working on. Thanks so much for posting this. I think her system is great.

I think she is obsessed with collecting fabric. That's too much organization for me to find anything....

Unbelievable! Who has that much stash? It's mind boggling.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful, wonderful. Was just trying to organize in hardly any space. That is a kick-starter!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by just joan View Post
    Unbelievable! Who has that much stash? It's mind boggling.
    I guess I won't organize mine like that because I don't want to know how much I really have - LOL, or don't want the husband to know.

that's wonderful, but I couldn't afford all the containers and buy fabric, too!

My fabric storage

My fabric is stored in the garage in plastic bins. I like to be able to find things easily so it is sorted by color, theme, collection, etc. It is not nearly as neat as it could be but works for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jo
    Happy Days!!! I am retired and have fabric and a sewing machine...what could be better than that?

A woman after my own heart. I wonder where she got the deep shelves. I have some, but must put bins sideways.

i look at this level of organization, and i drool. i'm "cut of a different cloth", though. i put things away in "project bags" (really just ziplock baggies) with the pattern or magazine in with them, so i don't forget. and the rest of the fabric languishes wherever i can find room. now that i've retired, i am going to try to achieve some kind of system beyond what i have, but i'm cursed with a visual/tactile brain. if i put things away too well, it's as though they disappear. supplies out of sight mean "i'm done" with this, and it is removed from my thinking, completely. it's gotten worse since a head/brain surgery 4 years ago. if i don't see it, it doesn't exist. so, the struggle goes on. i have to be able to see through the sides of a bin, i have to be able to touch the fabric for it to become something. any ideas?
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast