Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
My HOPES for 2014 in my rooms >

My HOPES for 2014 in my rooms

My HOPES for 2014 in my rooms

Old 01-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

I blew that goal out the window LOL

But thanks for the to inspiration to keep going.

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
Okay, Louise - I want you to keep track of your work. After 4 hours total, post a photo of your progress and I will send you a Vermont mug to add to your collection. I'm going to keep track of this thread and will wait for your photos. Maybe someone else will reward you with a mug after 8 hours. Sound like a plan?
Old 01-04-2014, 05:11 PM

My room is a total disaster. My biggest issue is the non-quilting fabric that I have. I'm not going to use it, but I would like to get something back- a portion at least of what I paid for it. Then there are containers of fleece, denim, flannel and batting scraps. I have ideas for them, but it takes time to implicate my ideas. I really don't want to spend all my time working on them and not quilting. I have too many quilts in progress that I need to finish. I spent a lot of time piecing batting strips together for 3 smaller quilts. Didn't even make a dent. Lol oh well- i'll keep plugging away and eventually I'll get there.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:53 PM

I would suggest starting in whichever room is the less messy of the 2. Still use the 15 min. plan. For me, if I start with the smallest jobs first, you see some real results quicker and it seems to get me more motivated. Good Luck!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 PM

We have 2 hobby rooms. I would like to get everything more organized. We have several hobbies, I would like to get all of each hobby stored together.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 AM

Do you have a quilting buddy that could come over periodically and help you.The time goes by faster and maybe she could be the one to encourage you to put things in the donate box that you may try to keep. Take your time so you don't get overwhelmed and you will accomplish alot. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:09 AM

I have a small room hoping to transfer into fabric stashing/cutting room with shelves and a sewing table set up by spring time! Am currently when time permitted...decluttering house 1st.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 AM

I'm inspired by your ideas. I have a stamping room that I really need to tackle. It has become a total dumping ground. I no longer stamp, so I should just clear it all out and turn it into my sewing room. We're looking at a total kitchen remodel this year, so it would be nice to just clear it out and use it for a make-shift kitchen during that time. Cabinets and countertops all around. Hmm the possiblilites are endless...
Old 01-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a great goal for 2014...Good luck.....I need to get my house straight this year...Sewing room was last year...
Old 01-05-2014, 05:49 PM

zozee,
5. For the first 15 minutes, clear off your cutting table--just CLEAR IT, don't organize anything except to dump obvious trash. Don't overthink what's trash, either! Don't get touchy-feely-warm-fuzzy about your stuff. The goal is to breathe and to create again. Can't do that in a mess.
That sounds like the first thing for me to do, thanks for the inspiration.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 AM

I recently purchased what some would call an "obscene" amount of batik fabrics (and Judy Niemeyer patterns since I love working on her designs). I already had a closet full of other fabrics (and my closet is the size of a small room). So - I purchased 1K of comic book backer boards and folded the new batiks onto them before even beginning to place them on shelves. Wow, they look so neat. I took a pic and sent it to my BFF in TX who has even more fabric that I do, and hers is totally disorganized. As soon as she saw the pic, she ordered comic backer boards for herself. I told her if she didn't get hers done by the time I go to TX for a visit, when I get there, I'll help her with hers. Hopefully by then I'll have mine all done.