Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
My HOPES for 2014 in my rooms >

My HOPES for 2014 in my rooms

My HOPES for 2014 in my rooms

Old 01-06-2014, 06:11 AM

My goals for 2014 are about the same as yours. I don't think that I need step foot in Joann's all year. Wastes too much time and money. My room is a mess. I can't stand it anymore and am ordering kitchen cabinets to hang. I figure some 24" deep cabs hugging the ceiling will get lots of my stuff--batting, etc. out of my way. I can't wait!!! Every month should be a NEW YEAR! Love that "turn the page" thing....
Old 01-07-2014, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

I make myself put away the stuff I had out for my last quilt, before I get out stuff for the next quilt. This keeps my room pretty straight. I ruler folded all my fabric several years ago and I can now see all I have. Deciding what I want to make next and picking out fabrics for it is my most challenging thing.

Good luck to you and all the others, I hope you can achieve what you want.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:24 AM

This is where I think that sometimes, having a room dedicated to a hobby can be a blessing AND a curse. A blessing for obvious reasons, but a curse because there really isn't a "good" reason to keep it cleaned up. I tend to be a little OCD about my studio area, no matter where it is in the house, and can't really work in a huge mess, so it tends to stay fairly clean all of the time.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:43 PM

I totally feel the same way as Quilty Louise---My DH is semi-retired as of today which means 2 days at work and 5 at home. We will be putting our house on the market this summer and I need to get the sewing room done first. It looks like a hoarders, just not trash or disgusting stuff. But it is time---I think I will try to timer, but I too wish I had someone to come help who understands what it is all about. Ok, positive attitude and onward and upward. I need to really be choosy about what is important for me to make and what is not. The time has come.