Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Ribbon Storage Solution

neat idea on the house gutter. all neat ideas for saving space...
    ​debra

Blog Entries
    What is great about this rod idea is that if you leave a bit more space between rolls, you are able to unroll the type of ribbon that you want without removing the roll from the rod. I use this every Christmas for my ribbon. It saves sooooo much time and frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
    I like your idea a lot. Here is what I have done with mine. They are on tensions rods. Before I had them all stored in boxes and this is so much easier to see and select.Attachment 411617

Quilter's are the best at recycling! I love it. Great job and didn't cost a thing except your time!.... COOL!
    Country 1

Got sew excited I forgot to teal you all what I do with my ribbon. DH took a piece of wood and sanded it real good, then he made 2 holes and placed 2 dowel rods in it. I just slide the ribbon rolls on to the rods. I have it placed on a high shelf. All I have to do is look up and see what is there, pull and cut!
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    Super good idea, I still have all a drawer full inherited from my mother and mine stuffed in a huge overflowing drawer I dread opening. I will keep this idea in mind, if I ever decide to tackle the problem. Thanks.
    Mother yourself just as you would your own children, you will be surprised how much better you feel...Debbie Marie

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone, appreciate your comments. I have tried the hanging dowel, but didn't like having to take rolls off to add or take off an empty spool. Also, I had so many rolls, I don't know how much dowel it would take. This takes very little room, think I am going to use the peg board someone suggested, but haven't decided for sure.

Blog Entries
    I used to do mine like kitsykeel. You could also use pegboards and "s" hooks. Depending on how much space you have.

This looks like a GREAT idea to organize and sort out your pretty ribbons!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Because I am moving, does anybody know someone who could use some extra ribbons?? I can only take so much to my new home which is 40% smaller than where I live now. I would only charge for shipping. Different widths in pink plus some wide Xmas ribbon and a whole batch of smaller skinny ribbons in a rainbow of colors. Most of it I bought when it was on sale. THANKS
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Great idea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2