Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sewing Room

I'd go for the green - my favorite master bedroom in one of our previous homes was a pale sage green - it was SO calming and wonderful to be in. I also love a lighter shade of yellow, because it also is a color that makes me feel good. If green makes you feel good, go for it!

You really want lively? Try this ( I couldn't decide which color I liked best, so I used em all...lol):
    Name:  utility room paint 1.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  15.1 KB

My sewing room faces south. It's a pale green color to help keep the room "cool".

We painted our oldest daughter's room Baby Bee Yellow (behr) when she moved out of the nursery. If I had a sewing room, that is the color I'd paint it.

I have light gray. For me, it goes well with the design wall--so whatever quilt is pinned to it, there is no distraction. I can change the color scheme since gray is a natural to me. Right now it is gray with a burgundy wine color, but by switching 2 thin window panels to turquoise and a few tweaks in the display, like a jar of buttons, seasonal flowers etc. to match. It gives it a whole new look especially for the seasons (I know a bit crazy but I love the feel while sewing).

Blog Entries
    My sewing studio (that doubles as computer room) has papaya orange colored walls with a yellow trim! It's so happy and I LOVE it!!!

When we originally painted it, this room was my study room for nursing school. I figured that if I had to be in here so bloody much, then it had to at least be a happy room! DH says that if we put black seeds on it, it will look exactly like a papaya!
    Go forth and sew!

I have my sewing room painted "Cantaloupe Smile" by Sherwin Williams. I LOVE it! It's a bold color, that's nice and bright even with the lights off.

my color choice for my quilt room is buttery yellow, but I have apple green accents in curtains, pillows. Can't wait to see your finished room!

mine is a plum color. Design wall is alight blue curtain. I've thought a few times about changing the color to something lighter but then i look at it it and I still love this color! It makes me happy sew it stays!
    So many quilts.....so little time!
    http://ginniebsplace.blogspot.com/

Choose the color that will make you happy to be in there quilting..

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast