Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sewing Room

New Sewing Room

I am turning an extra bedroom into a sewing room. Right now there are biscuit coloured walls (read beige) but I would like something a bit more lively. Any suggestions? The room is situated on the southeast side of the house. A pale apple green is being considered, but I am not sure about it.

My room is a pale green and faces the south. I just love the color.
    DonnaR
    Grammy to Isaiah and Ruth

I'm no help, I like eggshell.
    Peace is one of His greatest gifts.

Ha! Well, it isn't bad, but eggshell is already featured in another room besides this one. It is a calming shade, but almost too calming. I would love for it to be a bit brighter during the day and also a shade that will work well at night.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaR View Post
    My room is a pale green and faces the south. I just love the color.
    This is encouraging!

Blog Entries
    I love pale apple green!!! I'm voting for that color. Good luck, can't wait to hear what you decide.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

I would like to paint mine a pale yellow or pale blue. I think both are soothing colors and that is important when I am unsewing for the umpteenth time.
    ~Jo~
    Life is all about choices. We can look back and be forever sad because what was will never be again or look forward to all of the amazing things God has in store for us.

I picked a turquoise blue/sky blue color for my sewing room because I wanted a color that made me feel happy when I walked in the room!

Yes, I considered blue; although it is my favourite colour, it can be cold. Yellow I have for my kitchen. But a good atmosphere is important for relaxing sewing. I wonder how people can sew in orange and hot pink rooms although some are quite lovely.

I was in amature theatre and the place where the actors rested was called the green room. The room was painted green because it is a calming color and vey easy on the eyes. Go for green.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast