Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Organizing New Year's Resolution for our Sewing Spaces >

Organizing New Year's Resolution for our Sewing Spaces

Organizing New Year's Resolution for our Sewing Spaces

Old 12-14-2013, 08:38 PM

I vow to do more sewing this next year. I will have some projects cut out and ready to go when I have a few min. I have some vacation coming around Christmas time and plan to finish some of the UFO's I have setting here. I also plan on getting my Husky Rose on the table to use too.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:18 AM

I will TRY to downsize my sewing stuff. I currently have things in two different rooms. Thought I was getting a handle on it, but opened a small cabinet and found several unopened quilt kits that I don't remember buying! I bought them from Connecting Threads when they went on clearance. So, I will TRY to pass along, sell, or donate things I rarely use and kits I know I will never get around to making...
Old 12-15-2013, 04:35 AM

Such inspiration - OK, I will try to use up more stash and double my QFKs.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:59 AM

hmm I think I will just vow to see how many of you keep your vows
Old 12-15-2013, 02:08 PM

Last year I made a rule for myself that I had to finish 2 ufo's before I started a new project. I did pretty well with it. I have plans for some of my stash that I will probably never use. My guild makes doll quilts for Salvation Army. I am going to make up kits from my stash for our guild sew in day. Last year we made 60 doll quilts on that day. Some were taken home to finish. I think we ended up donating 125 doll quilts. We also made 5 Quilts of Valor.
I need to organize my notions. I can never find them.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:44 PM

I won't vow but I will set goals, I have one goal to make 7 doll quilts for Operation Christmas Child next year. I made one this year as a newbie and really enjoyed it. A subgoal is to make all seven doll quilts with only scraps. Another goal is to finish a baby quilt for my sister's first baby before she has a second! A third goal is to take at least 2 classes to learn more.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:33 PM

After picking fabric for a new project I vow to put back all the fabric that won't go into the quilt rather than letting it sit on top of my table, on the floor, or where ever it finds itself. I vow to use up fabric I already have. Hopefully it won't be difficult to chose fabric now that it is all ruler folded and put away by color, etc. I vow not to buy any backing fabric after discovering that I have enough already purchased to make at least 30 quilts.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
I vow not to buy any backing fabric after discovering that I have enough already purchased to make at least 30 quilts.
Nice problem to have!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:09 AM

I have tons of scrapbooking, stamping and craft stuff. My goal is to purge some it, organize it and make room for more fabric. I'm good about picking up and putting away during and after each project, i just have too much dang stuff! My room s organized but its floor to ceiling stuff!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:34 AM

I vow to make a big cup of hot cocoa, add some of those cute little marshmallows, and sip it while sitting here, thinking of you all and all the organization you're accomplishing.
After that, I'll be so overwhelmed by the thought, I'll take a nap.
Then, I'll wake, peek in my sewing room, and decide it must have been just a dream (that someone came while I was napping and cleaned my sewing room)