Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12

Thread: PLEASE!! Button Storage Suggestions-PLEASE!!

Those small metal or plastic cabinets with oodles of little drawers would be good for buttons. I would do that myself, but I don't have the room for the cabinet (although it just occured to me I could mount it on a wall....hmmm...).

I have multiples strung together, and are put in a plastic shoebox. Of course its a hassle looking for buttons as you have to paw through them....hmmm, that little drawer cabinet is sounding better and better....

I like this idea of stringing together like size and kind buttons. I use a spice rack and spice jars as mt holding containers.

I have 3 shoe boxes that I have covered with beautiful wall paper. One is for very good buttons - antique or expensive, saved for very good garments; one for children's chothes; one for very plain buttons, men's shirt buttons, inexpensive buttons, etc. Inside, sets of buttons are in clear RX containers, loose buttons are loose. The boxes are big enough it is easy to sort through the buttons and find one to match a shirt that has lost a button, enough matching for a new blouse, etc. No need to dump the buttons out to find what I need.

My boss at the LYS used to store them in long tubes with screw on tops. They were clear and one of the buttons was on the end of each tube. Worked very well and stored nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by cny_sewer39 View Post
    Good Afternoon Every1,

I hope that all is well with you & your families. I am doing good. I am making my 4 year old son pjs for Christmas. I had to buy buttons for the outfits. I have not been a "Big" Button Collector up to this point. So I need ideas on how to store them in my sewing room. Any help, suggestions, pics, & ideas are GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Please & Thank you so very much for your help.

Have a blessed day.

debra

I separate mine by size and color and store them in used glass jars with lids...mayonaisse, mustard, jams, jellies. They look pretty lined up on the hutch in my cave, and I can see at a glance what I have. Cheap, too!

I used to use those sectional plastic boxes for embroidery threads...about 30 sections 1,1/2x1,1/2". Perfect for storing lots of small things!

I use a glass goldfish bowl. I have an old one with a picture of Garfield looking over the edge!! It will hold more buttons than I will every want to look thru!!

Oooooooooooooooo - I loved seeing your collection. Made me happy! Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingnonie View Post
    This is a large clear plastic sectioned container. On the bottom you turn the bottom piece to access one section at a time. My friend got it for me from QVC, I think, several years ago. They showed it filled with nuts, candies, different pastas, etc. But of course when I saw it, it immediately went into my sewing room. The top lid is filled with old silk thread on wooden spools.

(My first time posting a pic on this new board - fingers crossed!)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12