Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Sewing studio is being painted. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/sewing-studio-being-painted-t229160.html)

nhweaver 08-31-2013 12:02 PM

Sewing studio is being painted.

6 Attachment(s)
When I was at work, my DH emptied my sewing studio and surprised me!! I had picked out a color in the spring, and 2 days ago he decided it was time to paint. There is sewing stuff everywhere upstairs. Here are some of the pics of the room. I leave on vacation on tuesday (visiting my DS) and he will NOT put anything back. Yes there is a sewing machine in the bathroom, stuff is everywhere, he even put all the fabric in plastic bags, stuff everywhere, but it looks beautiful. Oh yes, he did run out of paint, he said "maybe no one would notice, and I can have a huge design wall". Needless to say, he went back to Lowe's for another gallon.

Tartan 08-31-2013 12:12 PM

Well if he is offering to make a design wall to cover the unpainted spot but if not, back to the store. Very pretty colour!

zozee 08-31-2013 12:31 PM

Ooooh, I LOVE the color! Very cheery. Bless his heart for surprising you. The sewing machine in the bathroom is too funny.

coastienest 08-31-2013 12:37 PM

You won't be renting him out anytime soon will you? What a sweetheart!

omacookie 08-31-2013 12:38 PM

The color is yummy. You are lucky to have a good husband that likes to paint. Hugs and enjoy that NEW look to your sewing room.

Dolphyngyrl 08-31-2013 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by coastienest (Post 6266260)
You won't be renting him out anytime soon will you? What a sweetheart!

I was thinking the same thing. I have to paint mine this time next year when I move into my house finally

Dolphyngyrl 08-31-2013 01:00 PM

My husband can paint, but his doesn't come out as nice. What color did you use. I think thats the color I want for mine a light aqua, if you don't mind sharing.

grandmahoney 09-01-2013 03:15 AM

Love the color. Very pretty and cheerful.

ube quilting 09-01-2013 03:27 AM

What a pretty color and sweet DH to get this done for you. LOts of us have been in that situation before with the house in disarray. It all works out though, sooner or later.

I am curious about the little glimpses of that great dresser and vanity peeking out from under the piles of sewing studio! A big wow for those pieces too! Do you use them in the studio? I would!

It will be very nice to have it all back in order. You will show us as you progress, yes?
peace

nhweaver 09-01-2013 03:45 AM

The bedroom set in the picture was my mother's. She bought it in 1935, we call that room "Babci's Room (grandmother in polish).

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 6267030)
What a pretty color and sweet DH to get this done for you. LOts of us have been in that situation before with the house in disarray. It all works out though, sooner or later.

I am curious about the little glimpses of that great dresser and vanity peeking out from under the piles of sewing studio! A big wow for those pieces too! Do you use them in the studio? I would!

It will be very nice to have it all back in order. You will show us as you progress, yes?
peace