Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What color do I paint my sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-color-do-i-paint-my-sewing-room-t199673.html)

JenniePenny 09-06-2012 08:26 AM

I am surprised how often this question appears here. Choose whatever color you love! There is no wrong answer, and there is no right answer! Go see all the glorious colors at your local hardware store/ home decorating store.

Amythyst02 09-06-2012 10:07 AM

Pale yellow, yellow just always seems so cheerful !

chips88 09-06-2012 11:49 AM

a nice buttery yellow. is nice. but what ever you choose. is the best for you. it is your sewing room..:)

chickadeee55 09-06-2012 01:24 PM

Oh, I like this idea. Thank you

Originally Posted by Peepers (Post 5494728)
Personally, I love color on walls. The crazier the better and 2 colors in the same room are better than 1. My sewing room has 2 bright orange walls and 2 lighter orange. Get some samples of different colors, they come in small jars, and try them out on your walls. Go a little crazy -- It's your cave!

coopah 09-06-2012 01:41 PM

Lots of grey there (ask me how I know). I'd go for a very, very pale yellow...as a reminder of sunshine for those dark, dreary months.

fleurdelisquilts.com 09-06-2012 02:11 PM

I loved white, till I lived with white walls for 20 years. Now I need some color so I decided on a neutral khaki color for the studio. I haven't regretted one drop of color and the only decorations are my quilts. They've told me that they are very happy on the studio walls and take turns coming out to play. ;-)

judy363905 09-06-2012 02:19 PM

I just painted my sewing room "Melted Butter" from Home Depot... I really love it...but then I like yellow...

room was"Sponge Bob Sandy Beach" before... I took over our daughter's room...The new paint made such an improvement in this room - I love working in there.
Good Luck with your decision on paint color.
Judy in Phx, AZ

Country1 09-06-2012 02:46 PM

I think you should go look and see what inspires you! It's yours if you want calm fine, if you want go wild, do it and enjoy it. I personally have almost different color walls in every room of my house. Getting ready to paint in my scrap booking / mid-arm quilting room. My other sewing / craft room has 2 walls that are lavender and 2 walls are a kinds a tan/creamy looking color with a hint of yellow. I have to say my DH made shelves for the beige/tan/ beige wall to put my collection of toy sewing machines and they look great against that wall as a back drop!....
Just remember it's yours go with what YOU want and have fun!....
Good Luck and Happy Painting,
Penny aka Country1
P.S. Sounds like your DH is a keeper too! Mine says "When and what do you want?"

Stitchit123 09-06-2012 03:02 PM

I am a retired painter. What ever color you decide on its the type of paint that is more important. Use a Satin or Eggshell finish.The reasons are-1-it reflects light -2-they are wipable with a damp rag -3- if you have to touch up scuff marks etc.several months later it will not show. NEVER use gloss paint on interior walls -it absorbs light and you will have to add more lighting to you room. Also stay as light in color as possible. Have fun and enjoy the process of your new haven

KyKaren1949 09-06-2012 08:03 PM

You can look at this two ways. If sewing sometimes leaves you frustrated and tense, they you would want to paint the walls a calming cool color.
If you find your sewing/quilting very relaxing and don't get up tight about your projects, then you might wish to select a warmer colors.
When I was teaching, it was decided to paint the classrooms. We did a little research and found the a light lavender was an excellent color for the classroom because it had the calming effect but also stimulated thinking! FYI :)