Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What color do I paint my sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-color-do-i-paint-my-sewing-room-t199673.html)

Tothill 09-11-2012 03:42 PM

Wow so many in the pale yellow camp.

I have buttery yellow walls with matching curtains. I sew in the basement with a NW faicng window that gets limited direct light only a few months of the year.

I am sure OP will love the lavender she has picked.

quiltinghere 09-12-2012 02:46 AM

In the basement here as well. Bright light only in the afternoon as the sun comes through a 10 x 15" window. I covered the ugly grey concrete walls with cream color fabric...to look like drapes. LOVE it! No I feel like I'm in a 'studio' hahaha!

I also have 'daylight' bulbs in 2 flourescent fixtures above...LOVE it! Huge difference between cool white and daylight bulbs. Can't wait to replace my other cool whites bulbs with daylight bulbs.

Nan

quiltinghere 09-12-2012 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere (Post 5508411)
No I feel like I'm in a 'studio' hahaha!
Nan

That should be NOW I feel like I'm in a 'studio' hahah!

RonieM 09-12-2012 11:16 AM

Paint it whatever color makes you happy! The first time I painted my sewing room, I went with sage because I was looking for something soothing. Last summer I repainted my room yellow because I wanted something bright and fun. So go with what your gut tells you.

Blinkokr 09-13-2012 06:54 AM

Hubby is a keeper , great job and thank you for sharing
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

nygal 09-13-2012 07:18 AM

My studio is an empty nest bedroom when my dd moved out. She had painted the walls and they looked horrible. My dh said it would be easier to put wall paper over it after he tried to remove the mess she had done. I LOVE wall paper so I chose a beautiful green and raspberry and white Toile print. I love it!!

DOTTYMO 10-16-2012 04:24 AM

The design wall area in white and the rest in a very peaceful pale green barley green. .

icon17 10-16-2012 08:22 AM

I always go for a cheerful yellow, atleast on one wall to bring in the Sunshine!

cindyg19 10-20-2012 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by teacherbailey (Post 5498009)
My favorite paint color is just barely not-white....it has a tiny, tiny bit of lavender in it and maybe an even smaller touch of pale grey. It looks white but when you really look and think about it, depending on light, you either see the lavender hint or the grey, or around dusk, it's a beautiful lavender-grey. I think it was Behr but don't remember the color name.

I really wanted lavender, then changed to gray. Now I think I'll take your idea: something with a lavender gray, but light so as not to interfere with the design wall. Thanks for the idea.

cowgirlquilter 10-20-2012 08:11 PM

Whatever color that makes you happy. I would suggest the palest of that hue, as it won't clash with any quilts or other bright and colorful things you put up. Have fun!