Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   What are we organizing today (2017)? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/what-we-organizing-today-2017-a-t284878.html)

zozee 04-21-2017 08:35 AM

Is it strange that I want to organize my hubby's tools in the basement. Sometimes I just get a yen to make order out of chaos that isn't mine? He has a heel spur that's severely limiting his mobility right now, and has no desire to do more than the minimum on his feet. I like to capitalize on these organizing moods when they strike--and I think he'll be pleased.

oksewglad 04-21-2017 09:26 AM

red..I have a couple of weeks before I travel east to see the twins and this is our farm business office I must clean as I have to have business ducks in a row before I can go....I can sew binding on the plane:). So I can't sew until I get office reorganized....such is life and yes I will take pictures...

Zo, I wouldn't dream of touching MrOK's stuff....I'd only fume and raise my BP cuz he and Farmer Son don't take the time to put things away.

Faintly Artistic 04-21-2017 02:09 PM

This week I am working on cutting my scraps into usable sizes. I only have a relatively small volume of scraps, but want them organized so I can use them spur of the moment, Bonnie Hunter style.

retiredteacher09 04-21-2017 05:01 PM

I need to get busy tonight and putz around in my sewing room. :). Like oksewglad, I grew up with a German heritage. My maternal side was Catholic and my paternal side was Church of God. However, we attended a Swedish Lutheran church in central MN. Putz was a word we used and we would occasionally hear 'Quit being such a putz.'

I don't have any specific organizing goal for the weekend. My oldest son and I will be going to my dear uncle's funeral tomorrow and then Sunday afternoon will be a 'kick back and relax' day.

Connie

lynnie 04-21-2017 05:56 PM

I have a dear new friend that came over 2 times already to help me clean. Being ADD, i'm at a total loss as to where to start. We have my sewing machine wall all cleaned up. 3 bags for donations and 2 for the trash. It's ooking better every day, and nw i'm tackeling the small stuff till she comes over again.

tallchick 04-22-2017 03:25 AM

Yesterday I got my longarm room organized and clean, took off the batting pole that I never use and now have a little more room under there,this summer I will look at drawers that will fit under there and hopefully help it look better.

I also organized all my rulers, books and notions and have a big Rubbermaid tote full of stuff I have no clue what to do with. I really hate to give to goodwill and not enough patience to do a yard sale as I don't have a lot of stuff to sell.

I finished sewing the last blocks for my Shakespeare In The Park quilt and I will not start another quilt till I get the 6 tops I have quilted, and I do have a king size log cabin on my longarm and only a few rows and the border to go.

rryder 04-22-2017 03:45 AM

Tallchick--have you thought about selling things on eBay? They make it pretty easy, you can even print out labels and postage once things have sold. I've sold a number of smaller items and books that way, easier than a yard sale.

Rob

tallchick 04-23-2017 12:24 PM

Thanks for the idea Rob, I just may do that, I forget about eBay!

oksewglad 04-23-2017 12:43 PM

I took a detour from the office...redstilettos, I'm taking your advice on twins' quilts...got the designs done and ready to cut...

zozee 04-23-2017 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7808572)
red..I have a couple of weeks before I travel east to see the twins and this is our farm business office I must clean as I have to have business ducks in a row before I can go....I can sew binding on the plane:). So I can't sew until I get office reorganized....such is life and yes I will take pictures...

Zo, I wouldn't dream of touching MrOK's stuff....I'd only fume and raise my BP cuz he and Farmer Son don't take the time to put things away.

I mentioned it to him this morning, thinking he might say "go for it" . But nooooo, when I said, "Hey ,honey, you know what I have a yen to do? Organize your tools that are in the back of the basement." Instead he said, "Why? You've got plenty of your own stuff to organize around here." Like the offer to help offended him. He's limping around with a bad foot, he hates his job, he comes home wiped out every night, so I thought that doing a task for him might be met with pleasant surprise. What am I missing?