Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Progress of Sewing Studio

Quote Originally Posted by imnywoman View Post
    Nice space. Slow and steady wins the race. Take your time and plan carefully. Hmmm....carpet i the sewing space?? Hard to keep clean, but if you need it for sound deadening and insulative qualities then I guess it makes sense. Good luck with school, that's more important.
    I was considering cork flooring to begin with. However the cost is more then I would like. Then the more I thought about it the more I liked the carpet idea, one for the insulation, there is about 8 inches between the floor and the ground, but mostly for the padding...I found out the hard way that standing on hard floor for 6 hours doing FMQ is heck to pay the next day. As for the cleaning, that I am not to worried about, I already vacuum out there at least 4 times a week, and knock on wood I haven't stepped on any pins in the year I have had it. ( now watch tomorrow when I go out there, guess what is going to happen rofl) And thank you for the words of encouragement =)
    The day you stop learning is the they day you die..

I like the carpet in my sewing room. It is much warmer and easier on my legs when standing and cutting.

I know how excited you must be....I hope to get a new space real soon myself.....I am building a new pole barn with a 20 by 30 room just for me.....I have big dreams for the future.......

Quote Originally Posted by mjhaess View Post
    I know how excited you must be....I hope to get a new space real soon myself.....I am building a new pole barn with a 20 by 30 room just for me.....I have big dreams for the future.......
    ohh an extra 10 feet in the width..hm the possibilities =)
    The day you stop learning is the they day you die..

The floor of my LAQ room is concrete, can't get much harder. So I put 1" thick clip-together mats from Harbor Freight. They're 24" sq. the LA castors fit just outside the mat, so it sits on the concrete. It's not easy to get the dust off the mats, so when the room is all back together (undergoing some construction), I'll put a space rug over the mat.

Blog Entries
    I love the quilt in the background. Can you make a total picture of it and put it online?
    Color is my life..

Blog Entries
    Happy to see you have your own space/studio. Have to agree with Tartan though. I would have wanted the flooring down before moving all the heavy stuff on top. Enjoy! Good luck with school!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2