Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Progress of Sewing Studio

Progress of Sewing Studio

Well I have had my studio now for a little over a year. I have power running out to it now. I have also added a few more ladies out there that call it home. I can't wait to get it finished with paneling and ceiling. I have gone back and forth on what I want to do with the floor..I know I am crazy, but now I want a part of it to be carpeted. Eventually I will be adding more windows, a sliding glass door and built in around the door and where my mother in law's machine is. It is a work in progress that is slow going at times, especially now that I am working on my degree to become a Physician Assistant and with my son being in school. But it is all mine and I love the peace and quiet out there...Well sometimes, I do have a stereo set up to play my mp3 player hehe.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The day you stop learning is the they day you die..

Power Poster
    ​Nice that you are getting the space of your dreams. I would decide on the flooring first because I am lazy. I wouldn't want to have to move everything out and then back in again after the flooring goes down.

Thank you. I am uploading pictures of the rest of the studio to pinterest now...For some reason the board wouldn't let me post any after the first one.
    http://pinterest.com/quiltinthewoods/quilting-studio/ If you click on the pin it will open it up bigger.

Looking great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Very nice, just hang in there and before you know it, you'll be all set up. Good luck getting the degree! It's hard to go to school when you have children, but it's doable if you are determined enough. Quilting will be a great relaxation.

Blog Entries
    No matter what it looks like, there is a satisfaction knowing that it's all yours. Congratulations on a YOUR space.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you, you will have a great space and school will come to, my cousins daughter just got hers, hard work but worth it. I see your only 20 miles from me, where are you going to school? Hi neighbor!

Nice space. Slow and steady wins the race. Take your time and plan carefully. Hmmm....carpet i the sewing space?? Hard to keep clean, but if you need it for sound deadening and insulative qualities then I guess it makes sense. Good luck with school, that's more important.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
    Good for you, you will have a great space and school will come to, my cousins daughter just got hers, hard work but worth it. I see your only 20 miles from me, where are you going to school? Hi neighbor!
    Wow, 20 miles, heck that is almost making it into the town of Brooksville lol. ( I live on the county line near Innverness) I am amazed that being a city girl, I think that 20 miles is right around the corner now. I actually go to South University Online, for the next 2 years, then it is off to Tampa daily to go through my clinical and work on my masters for another 27 months...hmmm typing it makes it seem like i am going to be in school forever! Yes, it will be more then worth it =) and Hello back Neighbor!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast