Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ruler organizing

This may sound "anal", but I hang the rulers that I use ALL of the time on the wall by my cutting table.
    For rulers that I rarely use? I use hanging files with a tab for what EACH ruler is (I do group square rulers, 60 degree rulers, etc)...but everything else is in its own file....I keep these in one of those smaller, portable see thru plastic files with a cover...and sit it on a shelf in my closet...easy to grab the whole thing and find the ruler I want...it works for me Some larger specialty rulers still need to be hung up.

Pegboard behind the entry door into the sewing room. Holds LOTS or rulers and a bag with my stencils.

Hi, Linda701 I know everyone has all these 'Holders' But what I did If you have the wall space is on one of my walls I have All my rulers Up on the wall on small brass nails, I can see them in a Flash they look great!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Nantie;4967470]i agree with you, the price seems very reasonable as well[/QUOTE

Where did you see the price? I have niece in Glendive that I could maybe get to check it out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nantie View Post
    i agree with you, the price seems very reasonable as well
    I have one of these and it's great. Very well made and solid. Beautiful workmanship. Love it

Blog Entries
    I have the wood ruler organizer that was in the link. It is very well made and quite pretty. The only issue I have is that I have it on the wall in my sewing room, but I cut fabric in my kitchen. So now I put the specialty rulers that I don't use very often on the wall rack, and I keep my everyday favorites at hand by my cutting area. To organize these I use a letter- or file-sorter rack from Staples or Walmart. I put all the 24" rulers to the left side, mid-length in the middle and the shorter rulers to the right side. This works out well as I know where to reach for my favorite ruler: the 2.5 x 12" Creative Grids.
    Create with joy in your heart!

I have a wood ruler holder that has grooves in it that I use for the longer, straight rulers. The smaller ones stand in a file folder desk organizer. I found the desk organizer at a garage sale for 25 cents.

I use pegboard. It's on the wall right next to my cutting table. Really works great for me.

I have a wooden upright letter holder with several sections that I stand the rulers in on end.
    The smaller the section, the smaller the ruler!
    And some smaller sections, let me keep some of my other tools as well.
    Similar, but not quite like this ........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    I made these to fit the spaces I had: New Ruler Racks
    They help me keep my rulers within easy reach, and I can pick out the one I want.
    Wendy

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast