Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth!

Thanks to you brave quilters for showing us what a real sewing studio looks like. It all looks like fun to me and you can clean when you can't do anything else.
    jean

Blog Entries
    WOW!! I am totally impressed, some of you actually have room to stand up and turn around. How awesome is that?
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

This photo was taken last year, when we were living temporarily in a flat while waiting for our house purchase to go through. As you can see from the photos, the dining table was not really big enough for two machines, my son's laptop, my daughters Christmas crafts, and any other quilting work ...

This year my daughter and I have our own workroom. IT IS FAB!!! When I get a minute, I will take and post a photo. Having a dedicated space (not a shared, multifunction space) is wonderful.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    W.C. Fields

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Blog Entries
    These are photos of my sewing area. I thought I would post one when it was clean and then not so clean. I'm busy making Christmas gifts as many of you are. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    DRW

I love seeing eveyones "AS IS" work spaces. I love it!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I wouldn't dare show are pics online or anywhere else. I've turned into a hoarder and not just for fabric. The fire marshall would call my room a giant fire hazard and make me throw out at least half of what is in there. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pieces2 View Post
    Love your Bernina. :0) Is that a magnetic pin holder? Never have it around your computerized machine...
    I've heard never to have magnetic pin holders around computerized sewing machines, but I've had magnetic pin holders (I think mine is called a "Grabbit") for as long as I've had my computerized Pfaff (a Pfaff Creative 1471 for over 25 years) with absolutely no problems. Now, I'm not saying that everyone should do this, but my personal experience with magnetic pin holders has been that they aren't a problem as long as you use some common sense about keeping them a few inches away from the motherboard area of the machine.

Oh thank goodness for these pics and comments! I live in a very small house (not a complaint, love my "cottage") so I have 3 seperate "stations" in 3 rooms with fabric hung over dining chairs, thread & fabric shards (sometimes pins) carpeting the hardwood, the guest room bed covered & of course the kitchen sink stacked w/cups & snack plates that I will get "around to" later....I had wondered when I would really learn to do this & get organized and now I see that I am already really doing this! Such encouragement for a newbie....THANKS!

I'm not going to bother taking pics and posting, but I have to use the dining room table to sew on. Just imagine the table with all my clutter (along with other household clutter) aloong with the surrounding area cluttered up with various items. Wish I had a room to spread out in, but I know that would get cluttered up, too! Now I have to clean it off to have Christmas dinner, where will I put it all until I can drag it back out??!!

OK! You wanted 'messy'......I think I win!!!! I love doing Christmas but why oh why don't I start in August instead of second week of December??????????? Still...I have all next year to 're-organise'!!!!!!Name:  IMG_05301.JPG
Views: 349
Size:  47.8 KBName:  IMG_05311.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  48.3 KBName:  IMG_05321.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  55.8 KBName:  IMG_05331.JPG
Views: 349
Size:  54.2 KB
    Hilary

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast