Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The truth!

OK CoventryUK - I think you DO win! Love your workroom, though! Nobody in their right mind starts thinking about Christmas in August! I have a fun packed week ahead trying to do too much in such a short space of time! You will get finished I am sure!
    W.C. Fields

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

One; I am to embarassed about my sewing room. Two; I have to many UFO's laying around. Three; I am in the throws of cleaning it and just moving stuff from one side to the other. Four; I think I could be a closet hoarder. Five; My sewing spell has taken a hiatus, can not seem to get interested in it right now.
    ABCDEFG

Thanks!! My space is 9'x7'!!! But there is a LOT in it!!!!!
    Hilary

Blog Entries
    I have been reading this thread for awhile and I finally took the time to take pictures of my sewing room. I have been blessed to have a separate sewing room in the last 5 houses I have lived in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Judith

Well I have to live up to my plaque on my wall!!Name:  Plaque.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  31.6 KB
    Hilary

Blog Entries
    I totally agree with your plaque!
    Judith

love the pics of creative clutter.I usually post my rooms after the big clean.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Thanks you - Thank you one and all.............. thought I was the only one with a cluttered room.

Love the sign "Can't be creative an tidy too".............. oh sooooo true.

Judith, your space looks great and nice and creative. My room is clean about once a month and then is trashed, so to speak. Just can't do good works without making a mess and then cleaning it up again.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

gml

Sewing table

[QUOTE=ube quilting;5716442]I love all the views and ideas posted about our sewing areas, studios and kitchen tables but really now
    my question to everyone is.....

are you brave enough to post a pic' of what your sewing space looks like when you are actually sewing in it?

So many of these rooms are so picture perfect. I want to see how you actually use your space. So much more fun than 'all put away'.

here's mine: a room in working order!

Hi. I saw that your Bernina machine is flushed with the sewing table. May I know what brand/make of sewing table do you use? I would like to get one for myself. Please give me your views on the table.

Thank you and God Bless
    Sandra

Yeeeehaw! That's called being creative!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

I have a small sewing room I share with three grown cats, everything has to be put up before I leave the room. They would lay on stuff and get hair all over it. I use glass top dining table to iron on, quilt on and sandwich my quilts on. I keep some things out in there but clean up and put away when each quilt is finished. I then start all over again.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Can't find mine. It's buried under fabric, thread, bobbins, etc. It seems I'm good at taking things out but not at putting them back!

Mine really needs help, hopefully this spring I can reorganize. I have a mom's sewing machine table in the basement ready to be put to use but I love having my machine on a rolling table as I can take it to the living room to sew and utilize my huge counter for cutting and ironing. I have a large stash in 3 huge totes and several smaller totes that I acquired after my mom passed and than another 2 huge ones that I had. I had 6 sewing machines, gave mom's best Janome to my sister, gave one to the local girl scouts for teaching, sold 2 very cheap to people who really needed them and I kept my Bernina Activa 240 and a Janome HF107 (11 pound) for taking to classes. I dropped out of sewing after my mom died as it was something we loved to do together and too sad for me at the time but now am ready to jump back in. I sewed 3 table runners and a few gifts for Christmas, have a quilt to bind and one to put together.

What a great thread, I love it. I just cleaned mine yesterday but it is still a mess. I will have to take some pictures.

Blog Entries
    I just love seeing everyone's room, it makes me happy to see I'm not alone in the mess. lol
    Veronica

Just to prove I can be tidy/organised......occassionallyName:  IMG_0470.JPG
Views: 758
Size:  167.4 KBName:  IMG_0469.JPG
Views: 735
Size:  144.5 KBName:  IMG_0479.JPG
Views: 746
Size:  156.5 KBName:  IMG_0464.JPG
Size:  146.5 KBName:  IMG_0465.JPG
Size:  183.8 KBName:  IMG_0461.JPG
Views: 740
Size:  166.2 KB
    Hilary

My room is 9'x7'!!! This is known as getting 'a quart into a pint pot'!!!!!!
    Hilary

Gee, my sewing room doesn't look as neat and organized as these on a good day! I am one of those that usually has several things going at once. I do take time to clean up when I finish a project. After a while the clutter gets to me. I'd take a photo but my camera is umm... charging, yeah, that's it, and I can't get get to it right now...
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork
    "Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Scraplady..your Avatar quilt is stunning!!! I really need to get cracking and use up some scraps!!( In reality..I need to live to 150 to use up the stash!!!
    Hilary

I hope it works, I've never posted a pic before, as my only camera is my iPhone, and I'm using it as my laptop right now. This is a recent but outdated pic, as I've moved into a rental house. Things there aren't really arranged yet. This pic wasn't quite the unvarnished truth, either, since I tidied somewhat for the appraiser.
    May the Peace of the Lord be always with you!

Warmly, Maia

It worked! Ok, the sewing area as it is this morning:

May the Peace of the Lord be always with you!

Warmly, Maia

Blog Entries
    I got to laugh....my space is a total mess until I finish a project. Then, I clean it all back up nice and neat...then total it out with another new project!

I applaud all you brave souls....but in answer to the original question...."He** NO!!!" My embarrassment would know no end...lol.....but I loved looking at all these photos. Real people in real life trumps picture perfect every time. Thank each of you for sharing. I mean it....
    Kathy

A mind is like a parachute...it works best when open....

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryUK View Post
    My room is 9'x7'!!! This is known as getting 'a quart into a pint pot'!!!!!!
    I think you are a genius organizer to be able to get a gallon into a pint.
    jean

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast