Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gainesville FL area -- any recommendations?

Gainesville FL area -- any recommendations?

I'm going to see my beautiful granddaughter in Gainesville next month. Any ideas for quilt or thrift shops or antique malls in the area? I will have a car. I'll also be in Port St. Lucie briefly and would appreciate ideas in that area too.

Thanks!
    "Accomplishment is a consequence of effort" -- Michael Crichton

Gainesville has a Goodwill but doesn't have any fabric that I've ever seen. I go to the dr about once a month and check it out, but don't ever find fabric. There is a Joann's and another one I forget the name of.

Google it and I wish you luck. I know you will enjoy visiting your grandughter!

delma

Blog Entries
    ocala has a great quilt shop timeless treasures out the 200 or at least it was 6 years ago
    Warm Regards,
    Sandra

Come to Orange Park,Fl 3 quilt shops,Goodwill, 2 Hospice store. Great little city.

Ocala, still has the Quilt shop and Crystal River has a sister quilt shop also called Timeless Treasures...both great shops with great service and employees
    Dee

Today is the day the Lord has made..Let us be glad and rejoice in it!!

If you have time you can drive over to Trenton to "Suwannee Valley Quilt Shoppe" @ 517 North Main Street. Their web site is www.suwanneeshops.com It is a great shop, great little cafe inside too.

I agree with MamaHen, Trenton is definately the place to go. It really isn't that far west of Gainsville.

Lake City has TWO quilt shops. Can't remember exact names, but you can look them up. The ARTSY one is GREAT - purple building and across from some good Mexican food!! We drove about two hours and had a good day. Trenton - Swanee Valley Quilt Shop is really nice too and has its own cafe. Due west of Ocala. Have fun!

Timeless Treasures is still in the Jasmine Plaza on 200. There is also a quilt shop a little further south on 200 called Peggy's. It is located on the back side of the shopping complex that houses Barnes & Noble, Old Navy, Dick's, and Ulta. There is also a Hobby Lobby and Joann's on 200 further in Ocala. There are a lot of thrift shops in Gainesville but not sure what all they carry. Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaHen View Post
    If you have time you can drive over to Trenton to "Suwannee Valley Quilt Shoppe" @ 517 North Main Street. Their web site is www.suwanneeshops.com It is a great shop, great little cafe inside too.
    You will not be disappointed if you go!!!! superb and nice ladies, good variety!
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast