Georgia Quilt Shops

Old 05-06-2010, 06:14 AM

Last week I found out I was excepted to a two week program in Macon Georgia the end of July. The excitement of getting into the program is wearing down and left room for me to ponder the quilt shops in the area. Anybody know?

I am also debating about driving from Kansas and on the way home make sure my car goes through Paducah :)
Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 AM

YOu should go shop hopping. Google and find all the shops and maps to them and have fun.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:36 AM

I live in Cordele Ga. about 30 min south of Macon. If you find a quilt shop let me know! I go to Macon alot and never seen one! Good luck!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
YOu should go shop hopping. Google and find all the shops and maps to them and have fun.
that's what I do, use google
Old 05-06-2010, 09:58 AM

If you have the time, Atlanta is just a couple hours (?) north. Do a day trip on the weekend???
Old 05-06-2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
If you have the time, Atlanta is just a couple hours (?) north. Do a day trip on the weekend???
I'm not sure that driving two hours to Atlanta is worthwhile as there really aren't many quilt shops around here, at least not many that I have found worth driving to and I'm only 30 minutes from ATL.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:11 AM

JoAnnGC is right, there aren't many quitling shops in Atlanta worth a 2 hours drive. And on the weekend that drive would be a nightmare!!!! :shock:
Old 05-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Administrator

i have called in the Cavalry. Marcia lives in that area and works at a quilt shop. i'll bet she shares the scoop as soon as she reads the pm. :-)
Old 05-06-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i have called in the Cavalry. Marcia lives in that area and works at a quilt shop. i'll bet she shares the scoop as soon as she reads the pm. :-)
Oh, Patrice---you are SO funny!! I got your PM and here I am!

Yes, I live between Macon and Atlanta and I know EVERY quilt shop in the area (and there are others on this board that can back me up!!) Unfortunately, Macon does not have a quilt shop. You have to head towards Atlanta for all things fabric.

From Macon, heading north to Atlanta there are 3 quilt shops off of I-75. The first is The Gardener's Quilts in Jackson (this is where I work on Wednesdays), the second is A Scarlet Thread in McDonough and the third is Quilts and Fixins in Jonesboro.

In the Atlanta area there are more quilt shops--Intown Quilters in Decatur, Red Hen, Tiny Stitches and Little Quilts-all in Marietta and then there are 2 that are east of Atlanta (I have only been to the 2 east of town once). All the shops have websites, if you Google them you should find them. If you have any questions about them, just send me a PM. I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Every one of the shops is worth the trip and I have left money behind in every one of them!! Hope this helps some.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:24 AM

I was thinking the Atlanta area, not necessarily "in" the congested city, would have numerous offerings and also the locations, be it N,S, E or W of town. It's such a big area as you get out of the heart and start into the suburbs that there would be some selection.

That's half the adventure is finding and visiting, doing your own personal shop hop. And you can recommend shops for the rest of us too! :D Besides, driving time doesn't count in the quest for fabric shopping/treasure hunting! :thumbup:

Hope you find something and have lots of fun while you're there. :-)