View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Marcia

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i have called in the Cavalry. Marcia lives in that area and works at a quilt shop. i'll bet she shares the scoop as soon as she reads the pm. :-)
Oh, Patrice---you are SO funny!! I got your PM and here I am!

Yes, I live between Macon and Atlanta and I know EVERY quilt shop in the area (and there are others on this board that can back me up!!) Unfortunately, Macon does not have a quilt shop. You have to head towards Atlanta for all things fabric.

From Macon, heading north to Atlanta there are 3 quilt shops off of I-75. The first is The Gardener's Quilts in Jackson (this is where I work on Wednesdays), the second is A Scarlet Thread in McDonough and the third is Quilts and Fixins in Jonesboro.

In the Atlanta area there are more quilt shops--Intown Quilters in Decatur, Red Hen, Tiny Stitches and Little Quilts-all in Marietta and then there are 2 that are east of Atlanta (I have only been to the 2 east of town once). All the shops have websites, if you Google them you should find them. If you have any questions about them, just send me a PM. I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Every one of the shops is worth the trip and I have left money behind in every one of them!! Hope this helps some.