Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hill City, SD Quilt Show

  1. #1
    CindyIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32
    My DH & I are taking an extended camping trip out west & will be in the Black Hills area on 9/12 when Hill City, SD is having an outdoor quilt show. Have any of you been to it before & how did you like it?

  2. #2
    Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Sioux City, SD
    Posts
    1,712
    Blog Entries
    3
    I go every year, even in the rain. It isn't fancy, but beautiful quilts and the little town is so historic it is fun to see. They hang the quilts along in front of the stores on the main street and you can just walk along at your own pace and look and look and they have a shop set up in the high school gym with all the local quilt shops there, that gets a little crowded, but they have some good specials and good food. Its all free to go to. Just be prepared for the weather, it is usually really nice, but it has sleeted, then they canceled it. so bring a sweatshirt and water....have fun, Jackie, I live about 25 minutes from there.

  3. #3
    CindyIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks Jacki! I have been watching the weather reports, so I know there is a possibility of bad weather, but we liked the whole area when we went to Mt. Rushmore last summer, that we wanted to spend time there again this year. :-P

  4. #4
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    17,265
    Blog Entries
    7
    We traveled cross country this summer. That area was my favorite! I think the Quilt Corral at Mistletoe Ranch is near Hill City too.

  5. #5
    Junior Member judith ann's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    160
    Thanks so much for the heads up on this show.We will be camping in the area too.I have this on my to do list.We have never traveled this area so i was wondering what i could find to interest me.Dh wants to see bear country and the Mt. but I had no idea how to find anything.I did a search and also found Quilt Corral at Mistletoe Ranch.Yipee for me!
    judy j
    http://hardincountykeepsakes.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    1,104
    They are also having an Indoor show (with quilts hanging inside this year) and Sale 9-4 Sat and Sun. with a Vendor Mall.

    Also(short distance away) Quilt Corral/Mistle Toe Ranch will be hanging their quilts too in the Garden, they are hanging a lot of the "Quilts for Haiti" (of course depending on weather) Quilt Corral has many Beautiful Fabrics!and definetly worth the stop to check out and enjoy.
    Hope you Enjoy the show and area.

    Quote Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
    I go every year, even in the rain. It isn't fancy, but beautiful quilts and the little town is so historic it is fun to see. They hang the quilts along in front of the stores on the main street and you can just walk along at your own pace and look and look and they have a shop set up in the high school gym with all the local quilt shops there, that gets a little crowded, but they have some good specials and good food. Its all free to go to. Just be prepared for the weather, it is usually really nice, but it has sleeted, then they canceled it. so bring a sweatshirt and water....have fun, Jackie, I live about 25 minutes from there.

  7. #7
    CindyIL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks to all for the heads up on the Quilt Corral/Mistle Toe Ranch! Didn't know about that, so I'm glad I posted about the show. Sounds like it will be a fun weekend! We are also going to check out Bear Country on this trip - getting anxious to get going!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Lucky Lindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    515
    Oh there are some fun shops in Rapid City too. Hope you enjoy your trip to the Black Hills!

  9. #9
    Ava
    Ava is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rapid City SD
    Posts
    31
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Lindy
    Oh there are some fun shops in Rapid City too. Hope you enjoy your trip to the Black Hills!
    Don't miss the Prairie Berry Winery right next to the Quilt Corral. The wine is made right there.

  10. #10
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    17,265
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Lindy
    Oh there are some fun shops in Rapid City too. Hope you enjoy your trip to the Black Hills!
    Don't miss the Prairie Berry Winery right next to the Quilt Corral. The wine is made right there.

    That is good too! We ended up buying many bottles!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.