Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Iowa Quilt Retreat Locations

Blog Entries

Iowa Quilt Retreat Locations

In north central Iowa - There is a group of us who are seeking to find a nice location for our guild to have their annual retreat. It's anywhere from 25-35 persons. We'd like to have rooms close by and food. The price needs to be reasonable to the services provided. The retreat would begin on Friday and end of Sunday. Do you have any suggestions or ideas? Would appreciate your input. Blessings.
    Quilted Blessings

If you can't notice it on a galloping horse at 60 feet, it's just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioness3xs View Post
    In north central Iowa - There is a group of us who are seeking to find a nice location for our guild to have their annual retreat. It's anywhere from 25-35 persons. We'd like to have rooms close by and food. The price needs to be reasonable to the services provided. The retreat would begin on Friday and end of Sunday. Do you have any suggestions or ideas? Would appreciate your input. Blessings.
    There is a place in Oelwein, Iowa, named LouAnn's Fabric and Retreat. She has rooms for 25 or so. There is a kitchen and not only that but her shop is attached. Our quilt guild holds a retreat there every year. She also has a room downstairs for someone who cannot do stairs. This is the number 319-283-5165. She does get booked quickly.
    Hello from Iowa. I love to read each of these topics, where yes, there are lol, tears and omg.Renee

Blog Entries
    Don't know how far you want to go but Honey Creek at Lake Rathbun in south central Iowa would be great. It has hotel rooms, rental cabins, confrence rooms, camping area, a resturant, boats to rent, hiking/biking path, golfing, an indoor water park, computer area. There are several camp grounds and swiming around the lake and other eating places.You name it! Invite me to come. I'm a campround host at one of the parks! :O)

Quote Originally Posted by resource fabricologist View Post
    Don't know how far you want to go but Honey Creek at Lake Rathbun in south central Iowa would be great. It has hotel rooms, rental cabins, confrence rooms, camping area, a resturant, boats to rent, hiking/biking path, golfing, an indoor water park, computer area. There are several camp grounds and swiming around the lake and other eating places.You name it! Invite me to come. I'm a campround host at one of the parks! :O)
    Wow, this sounds great, I wanna go!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    There is also one in West Union; Stitching area is downstairs but sleeping areas are upstairs. Here's the link:

http://www.moonlightstitching.com/

This is link to LouAnn's

http://www1.louannsquiltgardenandretreat.com/

Here's another one near Manson

http://www.twinlakescc.com/aretreats.html
    Last edited by oksewglad; 07-05-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

This fall there will be a retreat opening in an old church near Algona, Iowa. Housing will be for 16-18 people.