Quilt show in York, PA

Old 06-04-2014, 03:45 AM

Default Quilt show in York, PA

The York Quilters' Guild "Celebration of Quilts 2014" will be held Friday, June 20 And Saturday, June 21 in the Old Main Building at the York Expo Center. There will be over 100 quilts, a quilt raffle, lectures and demos, auction and merchants mall. 10 am - 5pm both days. Free parking and handicapped accessible. Visit www.celebrationofquilts.com for further information.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:43 AM

Sure do wish I could come up for one of your shows. York is my hometown but Dad moved us to Phoenix in 1955. In 1998 my sister moved back - she was only 3-12 when we moved so she didn't remember our old house. All our family still lives in York and Dover and has since the middle 1700s. I come up from here in NC in March for AQS Lancaster (and family visit!!) and then again the middle of July for Quilt Odyssey (and family visit!!!) - been to every single Quilt Odyssey - those first 3 years in Gettysburg were brutally hit! Anyway, I have your info card and have been trying to think about how I can manage a quick trip up as I would really like to see your show, but the 460 miles or so is getting hard on this old body (I always drive so I can stop at my favorite quilt shop - Wilson's in Hagerstown) plus a few others along the way.

Still thinking about a visit - I am sure you all will have a great show. Is there anywhere where I can see pictures of some of the quilts? Just asking as one of my quilt guilds (I belong to 2) takes pictures of all the quilts in our show as they are brought in on intake day and then posts them on our website (ncpiecemKers.org) for each show. We have them for all our shows and it's really nice to revisit the quilts as the years go by.

Sorry for being so wordy appreciate you putting the notice on this board.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC (about 30 miles north of Charlotte, NC)
Old 06-06-2014, 06:53 AM

I'm not sure about the all the quilt pictures. If you check out website, www.yorkquiltersguild.com, you can see the winners from last show. Thanks for your interest !
Old 06-06-2014, 10:51 AM

Fabulous quilts!!! I'm still hoping I can make it up this year. Noticed that I will be in York for your July meeting - the word "batik" caught my eye - and I'm going to try to visit. I know exactly where your meeting place is so that is not a problem.

Thanks for all your help.
Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 06-07-2014, 07:51 AM

Great - we look forward to having you join us!