Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Re: 2011 Sisters, OR Quilt Show & RVers >

Re: 2011 Sisters, OR Quilt Show & RVers

Re: 2011 Sisters, OR Quilt Show & RVers

Old 04-17-2011, 12:20 PM

Updating my promise to check out Redmond, OR WalMart regarding parking RV's overnite.
As of today, 17 April 2011 I see no signs posted @ the Redmond Wal Mart preventing RV's parking over nite.
When we have the National RV Rally here in Redmond there are tons of RV's parked there.
Also, we have a top notch RV Park attached to our Deschutes County Fairgrounds which also is in Redmond. Very nice facilities @ the fairgrounds.

I hope this helps those of you who are searching for a place to stay in your RV's while attending the Sisters Quilt Show.

Original posting:http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-96028-1.htm
Old 04-17-2011, 01:41 PM

http://www.goodsamclub.com
This site has info on the National RV Rally, to held in Redmond, OR.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:12 PM

I am so excited about going to this show. The first time was about 10 years ago. Four of us went on a road trip with Sisters as our destination. We all live in N. Calif. (not far from SF)and we plotted all the quilt shops on the route up and different ones for the trip back. Had a ball. This year my sister is coming from CT and this will be her first experience. We are staying in Redmond for 2 nights. Just wondering -- do you know if any of the hotels in Redmond offer a shuttle service to the show? It would sure help with parking if there was one. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:25 AM

Gosh, good question! So far I have not seen anything advertised about it. Maybe it would be a good idea to call, 'The Stitchin' Post', to inquire about any shuttle services from Redmond area. I will keep looking and post any new developments for anyone on this posting.
I too will be attending the quilt show this summer for the first time. My two cousins will be joining me! I am really excited about the entire weekend! SEW MUCH FUN!!

http://www.stitchinpost.com/
(541) 549 - 6061
http://www.sistersoutdoorquiltshow.org/
Old 04-18-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
I am so excited about going to this show. The first time was about 10 years ago. Four of us went on a road trip with Sisters as our destination. We all live in N. Calif. (not far from SF)and we plotted all the quilt shops on the route up and different ones for the trip back. Had a ball. This year my sister is coming from CT and this will be her first experience. We are staying in Redmond for 2 nights. Just wondering -- do you know if any of the hotels in Redmond offer a shuttle service to the show? It would sure help with parking if there was one. Thanks.
I checked and found a towncar service in Redmond that would do it. the cost would depend on how many persons you could get to share it with. http://www.reliabletowncar.com/reliable_limousine.php
Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 PM

Thanks for the info. We have our own car as well as my sister's handicap plackard but I was thinking if hotels had shuttles it would save on finding handicap parking. I think I will call the hotel and ask. Appreciate your help.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:38 PM

Redmond has two quilt shops and Terrebone has one as well, right behind the grocery store on the east side of the highway. Jan
Old 04-19-2011, 03:49 PM

Thanks Jan. I will note them in my journal so we'll be sure to stop by. Always happy to share the wealth.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:51 PM

You will enjoy the Sisters Quilt Show. I'm going this year because a friend is entering a quilt. I'm lucky my sister and parents live within walking distance of downtown Sisters so i'm parking there. Hope you all have a great time there.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM

As you go into town, try and park somewhere on the south side of town, as you will be heading out from that side, back to Redmond. Also you should know that they shut down the main street of town on the day of the show. But there is parking at the high school and a shuttle to the downtown that runs all day long. They have really good help guiding you to where you need to be, just ask. If you Google, Sisters Oregon, you can get a map and maybe the Stitchin' Post, has one online you can print off that tells you where everything is located. Believe me when I tell you that this whole thing is planned to the best you can find. After all these years, it should be. Jan