Shipshewanna in June?

Old 05-21-2015, 03:13 AM

I hope to go. been to Shipshewana before but never to the show. Depends if i can get off my crutches in time, as that would be alot of walking. I will say they do have fablous shops there. Will have to check out the village of Emma now that I read that by the otherr post.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:11 AM

I found that little shop in Emma a couple of years ago, I was looking around and thinking "boy the lighting in here is pretty dim" and then looked up to see that the only lighting was from gas lamps! The prices were very reasonable as I recall.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I live nearby. Tons of great shops. Call LaGrange County Visitors and get a travel brochure. If the QB has a get together, please let me know. I'm real nice despite my name
I'd love to get a group together too! Raise your hand if you want to meet up!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:28 AM

We drove over there in 2012 after spending time in Yellowstone & the Grand Tetons. It is very interesting country & I met a couple quilting ladies. It was very hot when we were there, over 100F so I didn't get to walk and bike as much as we had hoped. We had our little RV and camped just south of town. It is a "dry" area so if you're interested in any alcohol you will need to bring it with you. But check with the hotel you book into first as some won't allow any on the premises, even in your room. I enjoyed the shows and took a few seminars (one with Ricky Tims) and also attended the "schoolhouse" where you select a few talks that you attend every hour and then a bag lunch is included. If you haven't already, do a search and find the brochures that Shipshewana offers, there's good information in them. Enjoy!

We also went to an Amish home where we got to sit and hand quilt on one of the quilts they were working on. We had a very basic luncheon with one of the Amish ladies and she was happy to answer our questions concerning her life.

Last edited by thimblebug6000; 05-31-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:40 AM

Thank you all for the info...tentative plans are to attend show on Thursday and shop hop on Friday if life does not get in the way! ��
Old 06-01-2015, 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=thimblebug6000;7212439] It is a "dry" area so if you're interested in any alcohol you will need to bring it with you. But check with the hotel you book into first as some won't allow any on the premises, even in your room.

Shipshee might be a dry town but the surrounding cities and towns are not.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=SuziSew;7213361]
Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
It is a "dry" area so if you're interested in any alcohol you will need to bring it with you. But check with the hotel you book into first as some won't allow any on the premises, even in your room.

Shipshee might be a dry town but the surrounding cities and towns are not.
We camped at your KOA... very nice!
Old 06-02-2015, 06:18 PM

SuziSew, jillmc, IraJane, and Battle Axe - I would enjoy meeting any or all of you! We are camping at Shipshewana South campground which is really close to the event center. Arriving Wednesday night, so I could meet up Thurs, Friday or Saturday.
We are camping with a group of friends, 2 of the other ladies quilt or sew and will want to go also. PM me for contact info if you want to meet up!
Old 06-03-2015, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
SuziSew, jillmc, IraJane, and Battle Axe - I would enjoy meeting any or all of you! We are camping at Shipshewana South campground which is really close to the event center. Arriving Wednesday night, so I could meet up Thurs, Friday or Saturday.
We are camping with a group of friends, 2 of the other ladies quilt or sew and will want to go also. PM me for contact info if you want to meet up!
I'm available any evening or during the day Friday or Saturday. I'll likely bring a friend too! Will PM you my contact information!
Old 06-03-2015, 03:12 PM

Got your info SuziSew! This looks like a good show and the shop hop would be lots of fun too. There are a few shops I have not visited yet, the Cotton Corner and Caroline's and a couple of others. Have you been to Zincks in Ligonier? Their prices are so good, but the quality varies depending on the manufacturer.