Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Texas Quilting Board Get Together >

Texas Quilting Board Get Together

Texas Quilting Board Get Together

Old 01-25-2011, 06:56 AM

Hello everyone, we had planned on our next get together to be on March 12th, well just found out that is the weekend for the Dallas Quilt Show, so needless to say we will have to put it off until after that. Will try and decide when will be a good time to have it at a later date. Want to try and have it so that alot more can come than before. So if all of you that are in the Granbury, Fort Worth, Cleburne, Stephenville, Bluff Dale, Burleson, Lake Whitney, and any others that are in the surrounding areas that I didn't mention please contact me so we can plan our next get together so a lot more will be able to come. We want to have a really big get together this time. So will be looking to hear from all of you as soon as you can. Thanks
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 AM

I will be in Glenn Heights (Dallas area) and would love to join you all.
Lucia
Old 01-26-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by crazyrvquilter
I will be in Glenn Heights (Dallas area) and would love to join you all.
Lucia
Great. I am sure Grannyp70 will keep you on her list. SHe is a good organizer.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:49 AM

I live in the Stephenville area and I'm interested so please keep me posted.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 AM

YOu are just up the road from us. She will add you to the list, we come to Flying needle too so we could meet you anytime. How fun. I have a quilt retreat in May 20-22 in Granbury, would love for you to drop in and meet us. I will list everyone coming when I get it posted. We have those who spend the night and others who are dropping in. Love to have you.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 AM

Hi there when will you be in the dallas area? Are you there all the time now? Please send me your address and phone # so I can keep in contact with you. We would love to have you join us anytime. Our next get together was planned for March 12th in Granbury but found out that is the weekend of the Dallas Quilt show and most of us are planning on going there for our get together so let me know if you will be there then, will keep in touch with you when we get everything figured out. Thanks again Welcome to our Texas Get Together, Nita ( aka grannyp70)
Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 AM

I've never been to a retreat and have no idea as to what they are like. I'd like more info about it. I would love to drop in to meet 'ya'll! Gotta get this TX talk going, ya know! (Don't tell anyone but I've grown old but have never grown up and there is probably nothing worse than a silly old woman!) Please keep me posted.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:25 PM

Hi I am in central TX (60 miles south east of Waco) and a quilter who is fairly new and I was wondering if there is a group in my area or maybe does one need to be started?

Linnie
Old 01-26-2011, 02:47 PM

I haven't been to a retreat either, but you can contact Debbie Umphress and she can tell you all about it, she is having one this weekend in Granbury. From what I have been told about them, a bunch of quilting ladies get together sew on some projects, eat and visit and have a ton of fun. Sounds like a really good time. Wish I could go but can't. But when we get together every other month we just get together and visit and the next one will be a show and tell. That is the one after the Dallas quilt show. If you want to go to that one, there is going to be a car pool from Granbury to Dallas so let me know and I will work something out for you. I want be able to go this time to the quilt show but I am sure there will be a lot of pictures so I can see who was there. Keep in touch and I will let you know for sure before Mar 12th. If you have any question please ask me and I will try to answer them if I can't I will find someone who can.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 PM

How nice that you all do this. We will be in Dallas early May. Hope you have something going on then---love to meet you all.