Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
"Threads of Friendship" Quilt Show - Leesburg FL >

"Threads of Friendship" Quilt Show - Leesburg FL

"Threads of Friendship" Quilt Show - Leesburg FL

Old 01-25-2014, 04:59 AM

Default "Threads of Friendship" Quilt Show - Leesburg FL

The Quilting Bee's and The Night Owl Quilters of "Hawthorne at Leesburg" have joined together to have a quilt show on Sunday, February 9th from 1:00 till 4:00. We will have a wide variety of quilts including heirloom quilts, bed sized, lap quilts, wall hangings, table runners and more. There will be four vendors and we will also have four demos.

Our donation quilt is a hand pieced, hand quilted quilt. There will also be a boutique, door prizes and give aways. We would love for you to join us.

BEST PART is ....it is absolutely free. We would love to see you there. Please mention that you heard about it from this awesome quilting board.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:50 AM

That could be do-able for me. What's the exact location of the show? The address would help for GPS. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:31 AM

Yes, please give an address for this. I will mention it to my quilt guild as well. It sounds like a fun outing.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:04 AM

I have a friend in Floral City for the winter who would love to attend your show. Could you please give me the exact location so that I can pass it on to her? Wish I could be there as well!! KLB
Old 01-27-2014, 06:11 AM

I Googled "Quilt Shows, FL" and this one isn't listed. Not that it isn't going to happen, but there's no additional information that I can find easily. Anyone know?
There is one in Belleview in February 2014 which isn't that far from Leesburg and it is on the Google list.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:23 PM
4js

Still no address??? Help!!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:49 PM

Could be a road trip for me and some of my friends, too!!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:54 PM

Pleas, please accept my apologies.....it has been such a busy time getting ready for this show. I was so excited to have an event to post that I forgot the most important info.

The show is at Hawthorne at Leesburg which is a gated, senior community on Rt 27 in Leesburg...the southern part of Leesburg. The address is 100 Hawthorne Blvd, Leesburg.

I hope you all forgive me and come to our show. We have LOTS of GREAT door prizes to give away. If you come please introduce yourself to me....I am thrilled to death to meet fellow Quilting Board buddies. I am not in charge...just the secretary of our wonderful quilters.....and we'll all be rotating stations - so just ask where Pat Smith is hiding....ha ha.....fat chance I'd get away with that.

Hugs to you all!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by kdoublea View Post
I have a friend in Floral City for the winter who would love to attend your show. Could you please give me the exact location so that I can pass it on to her? Wish I could be there as well!! KLB
Kaaren......I hope your friend can make it. If so, be sure to tell her to introduce herself so I can see if she knows my niece that owns a home in Floral City. Besides I just love to meet quilting buddies from this wonderful board. I just started quilting a little over three years ago and don't know what I'd do without all you guys. Pat Smith
Old 01-27-2014, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by petpainter View Post
Could be a road trip for me and some of my friends, too!!
I agree "pet painter" - it would be a great road trip and it's FREE - isn't that amazing. For your GPS the address is 100 Hawthorne Blvd, Leesburg. And in case you all want to have a good place for lunch/dinner there is an Oakwood BBQ almost across the road with delicious food and VERY reasonable prices.

Please find me and introduce yourself, my quilting board buddy. Pat Smith