Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 months after the fire

What a terrific sewing room! Regarding the cat food, Lakeside.com has nice pet food storage containers, multiple sizes and they have wheels. I haven't had any mice or bug problems. I also bought a second to store batting and other assorted stuff.

Blog Entries
    Glad things are getting back to some sense of normal. We had a fire the 1st of June but only lost two rooms but had smoke damage everywhere but the end of house where my sewing room is. It took nearly 3 months for us to get backso I know how hard this must have been for you.
    Previously known as McQuilter, Jan 22, 2009 with 1,400 + posts
    Today, I am as old as I have ever been.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am glad things are getting back to normal for you. We had a house fire and lost everything when I was about 8 or 9. Even being that young, I remember how tough it was getting our footing again.

Congrats on a wonderful new sewing room.

Blog Entries
    Happy for you that you are on the road to recovery & back in the quilting mode! You room is looking good!

Junior Member Carol in Colorado's Avatar
    So happy you're getting things replaced. What kind of quilting machine do you have now?

Power Poster
    As I was waiting for the pictures to load of your new sewing room a thought came to me. How would I get full payment for my sewing room in case of fire or theft? We do have replacement value insurance but what company is going to believe the number of machines I own? I do have them listed but a picture is better, right. I'm thinking QB could be our back up plan for proof. All we would need is to get to a computer and we could show what was in our sewing room prior to the event. Pretty cool thought!
    Your new room look fabulous and now it is documented.

Nice new room! I am so glad your insurance wasn't a *itch to deal with! I have the same quilting frame as you! I have the Mega Quilter on mine though. How do you like the qbot with yours?
    Kathy

Nice room. So glad you were able to replace your machines. We have new for old insurance, too, and I take a yearly video of our whole house, inside and out. I keep it in the safety deposit box at the credit union. I guess I better take in the closets in my craft/sewing room, too. That's where I keep my stash.
    SittingPretty

I am so happy for you.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Hi..nice to hear that things are getting back to normal. Nice that you were able to replace your machines (and everything else) with nice new ones
    Blessings from Janice

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast