Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 10-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Hi all...I'm hoping that everyone will take a look at this thread just this one more time......a good point was brought up on the Group 4 thread.

Originally Posted by gaigai
JoeAnn reminded me (she didn't need to!) to put my label in a baggie so that any ink wouldn 't inadvertently rub off on my center. As if I needed the reminder after the September Doll Quilt fiasco! Actually what she suggested was to put a piece of plain muslin on top and iron/press until the ink quit transferring, but I'm going to be extra cautious.

Patti, do you think this is something that should be passed on to the entire 60?
so.....here it is!
Oops, good job I checked - I have just undone my package, and put my label in the said baggie. Phew! It will be winging its way to Spain in the morning.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Thats good that we caught it Lace...I'd hate for anything to happen to that beautiful center you've done. I can't believe that it won't be coming through here....I'd love it. Well, yeah, maybe I would love it too much. :mrgreen:
Old 10-12-2009, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Ok, here is my label, little large but thats ok, I guess you ladies can sign wherever ya's like just keep 1/2" around the boarder PLEASE!!!!! Thsnk you.
I love your label... it's gorgeous! And I love the thought of signing anywhere. Can't wait to add my footprint! ;-)
That would be great Blue if it's under 10" it'll fit,go for it!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:22 AM

I loved catching up on the centers all you overachievers have made - I was gone for 2+ weeks and had PAGES and PAGES to drool over. Every one of them is breathtaking, and I'm eager to seen the next round!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
I loved catching up on the centers all you overachievers have made - I was gone for 2+ weeks and had PAGES and PAGES to drool over. Every one of them is breathtaking, and I'm eager to seen the next round!
JoanneS we have our Groups all set up under IRR II Group 1 or 2 etc, so have a look for the separate group set ups. I think that everyone has really overachieved on this one.

Elle
Old 03-02-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
My sewing machine is sick! I think it's the computer. :( I have a Janome 4000, and it's been a champ so far. But now, it will straight stitch, but it won't do any kind of zigzag. It will move the needle correctly, but it won't pick up the thread on "spike", and all I get is a line of straight stitches with holes in the fabric from the needle on the spike side. Oh, it will pick up random spikes, so I get something resembling the occasional vampire tooth! And I still need to sew around the broderie perse flowers. I was planning on doing a small clear zig-zag, but do you think just a clear straight stitch will work? I'm going to try to borrow mother's machine, but it hasn't been used in a couple of years, so I'm not sure whether it will work or not. At least it's not computerized.

Wahhh!!
my computer machine was doing this too, the repairman couldn't find anything wrong but thoroughtly cleaned it and it fine now.