Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
30's Flower Baskets - Block of the Month at The Quilt Box, Dry Ridge, KY >

30's Flower Baskets - Block of the Month at The Quilt Box, Dry Ridge, KY

30's Flower Baskets - Block of the Month at The Quilt Box, Dry Ridge, KY

Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nita
Karen ~ Without a doubt, that is one of the best examples of customized macine quilting I have ever layed my eyes on. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm blown away by the fact that you have only had your long arm for less than a year??? I have bookmarked your website and if I ever finish my Thimbleberries Big Quilt sampler, I would like to contract you to quilt it. I have a local gal who does edge to edge quilting to my satisfaction and the quilts I've made so far did not demand customized quilting. But it is great to know that I can turn to you someday when I need customized quilting done;It would be well worth paying the shipping & handling to send quilts from NY to KY. Happy quilting ~ Nita
Hi Nita!
Is it the 2007 Thimbleberries Big Quilt? The one with the pieced house? If so, I've already done one of those! It was fun! All other different blocks to play with. She pieced it without the outer borders, so it was only 80x100, which is still big! I've signed up for the 2009 Big Quilt, should be fun!
I'll get the photos of that quilt up on my website, so you can see what I've done!
Thanks for the kind comments!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:07 AM

Hi, again, Karen ~ Yes, it is the Thimbleberries 2007 BIG quilt that I started and it is now a UFO shoved way back in my closet. My sister, who has been quilting for 20+ years, talked me into joining the club ...... she joins every year. Well, it was just too overwhelming for me at the time, since I still consider myself a novice quilter. I think I completed 4 - 5 blocks and gave up! Since then I bought a new sewing machine (Pfaff) and the built in dual feed foot has greatly improved my piecing accuracy and made the job of piecing so much more enjoyable for me. So, I really need to "revisit" that quilt someday soon. We have a lake cottage, where we relocate for the summer months, and that quilt would look fabulous on my bed. So, one of these days ...... hopefully not too far in the future ...... I will finish that big quilt and send it off to you for quilting. If you could post pics of the previous Thimbleberries 2007 quilt that you did, that would be great. Thanks. Happy Holidays! Nita
Old 12-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

Its gorgeous...... You are so very talented
Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 AM

Happy with the results? I'd be estactic !!!!!!!! What great, beautiful quilting you did. I aspire to be like you, I'm not, I pretty much stick with quilting in the ditch. That is absolutely gorgeous !!!! Some women fantasize about younger men, some about money and others about having mansions, I fanasize about being able to quilt like that one day!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Lyn

Your quilting is amazing
Old 12-21-2008, 08:01 PM

Think that Lisa's fantasy is like a lot of us, to be able to create something sooo pretty. Unbelievably gorgeous. Wonderful work with the quilting on a beautifully sewn quilt. :D
Old 12-21-2008, 08:02 PM

it is very pretty .. great job :)
Old 12-22-2008, 02:21 AM

I think you are quite right to be happy with the result. It looks so proffessional. Good luck with your long arm for the future projects
Old 12-22-2008, 05:25 AM

Eye candy! Your quilting is breathtaking. I bet you get some mail orders from this group! :D
Old 12-22-2008, 07:26 AM

I know I have already said it...But its absolutlly gorgeous...