Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 8:00 PM and I need boy fabric!

8:00 PM and I need boy fabric!

So where do I go? Wal-mart. Where I find expanded shelves AND a clerk on duty! She said that after Sept.1 there will be a remodel - a larger department and possibly a full-time clerk.

Yes, I prefer my LQS. But ... this is for a high school grad from our church. I make a quilt for each graduate and this one fell through the cracks. Even his own uncle - who is our youth director - forgot he was graduating. So .. I tried my stash, but nothing felt right. I'm going to make a point of picking up more guy fabs when I find sales.

Side Note: I had some great guy fq's, but when I put them together they didn't feel like this young man - they felt like our dear preacher whose 10th anniversary with us will be this fall so ... they certainly couldn't go to this grad! (Anyone know what I mean there... I even started quilting it and told my husband ... this is not Garrett's quilt. It's John's.)

So ... the far right fab is the center of a block, framed with the black. The next 3 are borders and the last one is the backing. Paid from $3.94 to $5.44/yd.

Off of here and to the cutting board!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    So many quilts, so little time.

Blog Entries
    I understand - when a fabric talks to you - you have to listen and it is even worse when the whole top is telling you where it belongs LOL

The fabrics you have picked are great ! Can't wait to see the whole new top together
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

I love those fabrics together! Can't wait to see a picture of the finished quilt!

Blog Entries
    Great choice of fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    I love those fabrics together! Can't wait to see a picture of the finished quilt!
    Ditto! Those fabrics look great together & I know the finished product will be fabulous!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Those fabrics look wonderful. It is so great that you make quilts for the graduates -- what a wonderful memory you are giving them.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    I understand - when a fabric talks to you - you have to listen and it is even worse when the whole top is telling you where it belongs LOL

The fabrics you have picked are great ! Can't wait to see the whole new top together
    I know exactly what you mean about your fabric talking to you. Eons ago when I taught my BFF to quilt, she wanted to know how she was going to figure out what fabric to buy for her first quilt. I told her not to worry -- they'd pick her, not the other way around. She thought I'd lost my mind (which may be true, but... LOL!) but after our trip to our LQS, she knew exactly what I was talking about. She thought she wanted blue floral but she ended up being lured in by some fabulous burgundy paisley... it said "I want to go home with you & make a fabulous quilt together"... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Pretty fabs! I made my mom some curtains with that fabric on the far right!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    Lovely assortment of fabrics. I have the same southwestern print on the right for years and still haven't decided what to do with it. Someday it will talk to me as yours has. I look forward to seeing the quilt when it is done.
    Helen T.

Here's a little tease for you ...
    I'm not liking the light blue border, but without it everything is quite dark. When I get the top finished we'll see.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    So many quilts, so little time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast