Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: B&W log cabin opinions needed!

It's going to be great! I like the red you've picked as your center.
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

I think that it looks really nice so far! It is going to look great once completed. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I am looking forward to seeing what the finished quilt will look like. Thank you for sharing and best wishes.
    Patchwork Crazy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca_S View Post
    I think you are doing good! When I look at your blocks and squint, a couple of the fabrics appear to be "mediums", the small floral print in particular. The log cabin block often has higher contrast between the light side and the dark side than what you have. Mediums can be used to good effect. If you want stronger contrast I would add some lighter whites and darker darks to the fabrics you are using but maybe you want low contrast logs.
    I agree with this and also the post about the black solid drawing the eye. I think you are on your way to a truly gorgeous quilt. I love your red fabric. Have fun!
    Peace is one of His greatest gifts.

QM
    You seem to have the concept down cold. Good for you.

Blog Entries
    think it's great, keep going

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Quilter View Post
    I think it is going to look Great, remember the log cabing does not look wright until you put it all togeather. There are 50 ways you can put the block togeather when they are done so keep on working on it you are doing great. In reference to the solid black, either put it in the same place on the block or delete it altogeather. The eye goes to the solid black and you do not see the whole block.
    I agree on the solid black. Take it out of the inner block. Check out some of the posted pics of log cabin quilts. There are so many ways to arrange them and to form patterns. It's going to be stunning!
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

do you think i should eliminate the black all together? if i keep it in, where do i put it in the same place on each block? the dark strip that is the 2nd one in? i really want this to turn out fabulous, and i agree with the black and white flowers as well being more dark. there are so many fabrics here to work with, i have 12, that i am ending up with way more 'dark' and not very much 'light'. like 4 light is all. so alot of repeats. is that okay or should i try and find another light? thank you all for your help on this one it is REALLY appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
    I agree on the solid black. Take it out of the inner block. Check out some of the posted pics of log cabin quilts. There are so many ways to arrange them and to form patterns. It's going to be stunning!
    A rolling stone gathers no moss

Depending on number of blocks there are a lot of different patterns with log cabins. Yours will look great in any number of the!
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

It's been awhile since you posted this, but I hope you come back and see my note. When I saw "black and white" I almost didn't look because, even though log cabins are a favorite of mine, I don't "do" black and white... it lacks the color that turns me "on". Having said all that, the patterns you have used are fun, dynamic and make a wonderful block. CARRY ON!

Wonderful! Can't wait to see what you do with these, Terri!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast